Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
ALCUDIA PINS
34 Posts
Few years since I have been to Alcudia but from what I can remember the Alcudia Pins is closer to Can Picafort than it is to Alcudia. The Bellvue is at the top of the main road with lots of shops restuarants that leads from the beach up towards the mountains at the back. It would be at least half to three quarters of an hours walk from one to the other.
hi thanks for your reply. if anyones got any information about alcludia pins would be brill. what is the beach like?has it got water sports?and have they shops that sell lidos,beach stuff etc. we are going self catering so we will be eating out, are there nice places to eat? thanks :wave
HI allison alcudia pins is right on the beach and its realy good. in fact go on to the beach and walk right along to the port of alcudia it will take about 1hour but its worth it. and if you are tired just jump on the boat and it will take you back to your hotel .or go along as far as port del mundo and the walk right up the strip to the bellview. there is a few shops outside your hotel were you will get your beech stuff yes there is water sports all the way along the beech

have fun the fatboy :) :)
The beach is stunning! Absolutely beautiful! :o
hi, its just over 3 weeks until we go to the pins. i was wondering if there was internet access in hotel or nearby.also is there much for teenagers at hotel like games room etc,as i will have 13,14 and 17yr old and a 5yrold. thanks ali
Hi, we stayed at the Pins 3 years ago this May. We had a fantastic time. We were there luckily just before they had the problem with the water in the pool and were on that Holiday programme. I know someone who went after all the trouble, and they check the water all the time now to make sure the same problem doesn't occur again.

I'd have no hesitation in going back, kids all enjoyed it and there was lots of activities to do. Only problem was if the weather was bad (tend to get the odd rainy/overcast day in May) then the activities stopped.

Overall though its a great place for a family holiday. Beach and sea were lovely!
thanks for reply. we have got a 2 bedroomed appartment does anyone know whether they overlook the swimming pool or sea. i was thinking of emailing hotel to ask for sea view if possible but didnt know whether pool view would be better. do they do the evening entainment by the pool? also have they got internet access as my sons keep asking, they cant be without msn for 2 weeks. thanks :wave
Hi, we stayed at the Pins 3 years ago this May. We had a fantastic time. We were there luckily just before they had the problem with the water in the pool and were on that Holiday programme. I know someone who went after all the trouble, and they check the water all the time now to make sure the same problem doesn't occur again.

Glad to hear it! I was one of the very unfortunate who got cryptosporidiosis in July 2003! :(
There is entertainment by the pool and its VERY loud, so if I was you I would ask for a quiet room and definitely NOT a pool view!

Have a fab holiday.

Catherine x
hi everyone, only 7 days to go. i was wondering if there were cash points near the pins or do you have to go into acludia to use one. and also if there isnt internet access in the pins, is there an internet cafe near by, any help would be great, thanks :bow
Hi there, There is internet access on site. I think i paid £1 for 20mins, also a place called The Underground (restaurant/bar) around the corner has internet. Also this is a nice bar to eat at & very reasonable. Not sure about a cashpoint, sorry. I've been to Pins twice within 3 yrs & loved both times. It's what you make your holiday, the beach is fab. I was disappointed with the entertainment last yr, but each yr is different with different reps (they make the hol good or bad). Enjoy
thanks for reply. only 4 days cant wait, just hope the weathers ok.
Hi, not sure about internet access but when we were there a couple of years back there was cash point machines in reception.

Had a great holiday there, hope the weathers great!

:D
I am due to go to the Alcudia Pins again this year but have heard that it has changed hands and is predominantly booked for German tourists as opposed to British. I am not being Xenophobic - just curious really. Last year all the stage announcements were made in English and German anyway, so I don't suppose it would change that much.

Has anyone been this year and noticed any difference?

Thanks
Yes I know you don't go on holiday to watch television but for the little ones it can make a difference. Can anyone remember what TV channels are available in the apartments? I remember BBC but can't recall the others. Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

Thanks
hi got back from a fortnight at the pins. lovely hotel, as for the germans i would say its half and half maybe slightly more germans/dutch. in the childrens show they alway say it in both language but they speak mainly english. as for the tv channels its bbc1, bb4 and cnn news channel. anyway going soon make sure you take a jacket for the evening as rather chilly as entertainment by the beach so rather cold, some people even took blankets down at night. other then that weather was ok, breezy if you were by the sea in day. although i expect itwill all change now im home..lol :wave
I am going to Alcudia Pins in july, we are staying self catering but wife would like to go half board but we cant change our booking. Can anyone tell me if we can upgrade to half board when we get there and how much it is. There are 2 adults and 3 children in our party. Thanks
Hi :)

Have read great reviews about this hotel, so going to book a 11 day stay there next June with my husband and twin girls. Thinking of booking direct, so can anyone recommend the best room to book. I have read somewhere that room E107 is great. On the ground floor with fab. views.

I think we would prefer to be looking out to sea, so thought of asking for a sea view, middle block on the 4th floor. 4th floor as we'll have no-one above us. My hubby & I are quite fussy & went on a holiday one year & I wouldn't like to think what the people above us were doing, therefore, think the 4th floor would be best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We also prefer a quiet spotl

Would be so grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks.

Cashie xxxx :)

EDIT: Merged with existing thread
Our reviews of this complex can be found HERE.
David HT Mod
getting married next june and we are looking for a nice beach come pool holiday to chill on our honeymoon. also we will be taking our 3 sons 15 11 9 so also want somewhere where they will be entertained as well.relatives of ours have been to this hotel and say the kids are entertained also a loverly beach pubs restaurants etc would like to here other peoples comments on this hotel before we actually book all comments welcome thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.