Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Alcudia
14 Posts
Alcudia is very family orientated. Lots of bars and hotels there have the kind of entertainment you're looking for.
Cheers and The peach pit have lots of family entertainment, but so do most of the bars along the strip leading from the Bellevue area down to the beach.

Alcudia is a great family resort, I am sure you will enjoy yourselves

Biff
Hi, we normaly go to Palma Nova too and we are also going to Alcudia in August. We have been before and it is great for families, lots of shops bars and restaurants in the Bellvue area. The beach is fantastic it just doesn't have the promenades of Palma Nova! I'm sure you'll have a great time as Alcudia has everything you want.

Carol :cheers
Ive been to both quite recently and I have to say I much prefer PN to Alcudia.

Its not so stretched out, so less walking to do, the bars and and entertainment seem to be better quality and the beach is of course a short walk away, instead of a 10-15 walk if you are up by the BelleVue complex.
Alcudia is great, it's my favourite holiday destination. There's lots to do, and it's great for familys. The 7 miles of golden sands is amazing. There's a very friendly atmosphere, I'd definately reccomend it.
Strange I suppose its horses for courses - having been to both PN and Alcudia I much prefer the latter simply BECAUSE of it being stretched out - lovely long walks - one of the best beaches - (I dont like the beach at PN/Magaluf so much - too shelving), you also have the choice of three resorts in one - the old port and harbour with its more up market restaurants and shops - the Bellvue area (which to me is slightly tackier but still fun!) and the area up towards Play de Muro...........

trickydicky

as regards entertainment - as has been said a lot of the restaurants have entertainment on - but what we did was - if we were strolling past a hotel and liked the sound of what was going on - we just wondered in - there was usually excellent in-house entertainment! The Sol Alcudia Centre always had good nights on :wave:
Hi there, i was wondering if there was anybody that could tell me if they know what travel agent does the bookings for the bellamar apts in alcudia as my husband and i went there a couple of years back and loved it. We would are looking to go back there and take a couple of our freinds with us as they have had a few bad experiences with spanish holidays and don't really want to go back but i have assured them that they would fall in love with alcudia. I know that there are plenty of hotels and apartments in alcudia to stay in but would rather go back to the bellamar apts as we enjoyed our stay there so much.
I would be eternally grateful if anyone who had this information could help as seguro used to do it but don't any longer. :cry :que
You could try alpharooms or Travel Republic if you are going DIY and I think http://www.flyglobespan.com do packages to these apartments.

luci :wave
Hi we was in alcudia last year but this year we are going to P/Nova, The one thing that have not been talked about is the Mosquitos in Alcudia they are real man eaters, :cheers :yikes Hope you have a nice one B Sully
I've heard the Mosquitos are bad in Alcudia, I've been told to try Teatree oil? Don't know if it works but I'll be taking some with me along with various other repellents,we usually get one sharing our apartment with us and it has a running buffet every night!! Does anyone know if the plug in mosquito repellents work? :que

Carol
Try tea tree shampoo and conditioner, also lemongrass spray if you can get some. i've also heard they don't like marmite (nor do i!), try that on your toast.
Hi, I've heard that Marmite works as a repellent but you've got to eat it, something to do with the B vitamins in it!! Think I'd rather take my chances and get bit than eat Marmite!! Hubby should be ok, he loves Marmite!! Thanks for your reply, will look out for lemon grass spray.

Carol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.