Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I can only pass on what i have been told by a couple that stayed there when i took my last trip to menorca in may, they had booked a really late (the day before) cheap deal, they said it was mainly german orientated. They ate out for a few of the nights that they were there, it was very isolated and they were very glad that they had only paid £120 each for the week as if they had paid more they would have asked to be moved.

Like i said, it is just what we spoke about at the airport when we met up on the way back and cannot comment from personal experience.

If you are travelling with children, i would be more inclined to book either in the resort of cala n bosch (my personal favourite) or cala n forcat which is a bit more 'british'!

There is not much in the way of All incusive hotels in menorca but there are some good apartments where you can upgrade to half board.

it may be worth considering having a chat with your tour operator to see if there is anything they can do, as with it being your honeymoon, which i woud assume to be a long and highly planned thing, yuo do not want any upset when you get there.

Im sorry to be the bearer of bad hearsay, i would of replied sooner, but as what i know is hearsey i thought someone else with personal expereince may have replied.

whatever happens, im sure you will have a great trip!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
Thanks for replying i have been and seen our travel agent and after all bad reviews we have changed our honeymoon and are now going to Olu Deniz in turkey and it looks fantastic so i feel much happier now , we have never been to menorca i have heard such lovely things , but when booked our holiday we had no idea where to go, told the agent our budget and our difficulty is finding a hotel that caters for a family of 5, and the agent found the Aldea country club it looked nice and i didnt want to miss out because of price etc and as we always go all inclusive it was a good deal , it was only when i got home and checked the reviews i thought oh no its not looking good , so its all sorted now but hope to visit menorca at a later date , thanks again , lucy x
I hope you have a geat trip! Menorca is an amazing place, we always staat one of the garden hotels group properties in cala n bosch, probably the best resort! if you book to go in early may, or late september you can pick up some great lates. http://www.cosmosholidays.co.uk or you can book direct with the garden hotels chain and arrange your flight separately http://www.gardenhotels.com (they have apartments up to 3 bedrooms and the option of upgrading to half board)

best wishes for your future marriage!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.