Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
We are staying in a villa in Albufeira followed by a week in a Residencial in Tavira in July/August this year.
We booked the villa first through Individual Travellers, then the Residencial direct and lastly our flights. We booked our flights last because we waited for the release of Easyjet flights in the vain hope that we might bag a cheapie. This didn't turn out to be the case and so ended up booking with Thomas Cook (much better flight times and about the same price as Easyjet - they would have been £100 cheaper if booked at the time when I was reserving the accommodation).
Travel arrangements between the airport and resorts have been pre-arranged.
Cost wise I think you will be ok with the budget that you have in mind. We have paid £900 for our villa and are paying £600 for the Residencial, although apartments were available through private rental companies from around £350 per week.
This was all booked months ago, but now only 14 weeks to go. Can't wait. :sun2
Hi Bertie

Thanks for the reply. I was having a scout about today looking at James Villas for the week in the villa and Travel Republic for the week in an apartment complex I was pricing them on 2009 prices as of course 2010 aren't avaiable as yet.

I was also going to hang about for easyjet flights to be released, but sounds like that may not be the best idea.

I think I need to try other companys as James Villas and Travel Republic were bursting the budget I gave above.

I will have a look at Individual Travellers. Prices seem high for villas not sure if its because i want one with a pool or if they are all dear. I want to travel at a similar time as yourself but next year. We will just hire a car for the two weeks.

Your holiday sounds as though it is going to be fantastic no wonder you cant wait for it.

Doe :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.