Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Flat places to check out that are not in the middle of nowhere.

Armação de Pera
Monte Gordo
Praia da Rocha (very busy and built up, might be a bit too loud)
Alvor/Torralta the tourist hotels area away from the old village which is on a hill.
been to Monte Gordo, nice long beach very flat compared to most of the Algarve,

wizard
I am booking a holiday for 11 days in September/October for myself, partner and 5 year old. I would like a hotel near the beach but not too far from the strip and definatly not on hills. Can anybody recommend anywhere. Hotel Catarina, and Hotel Atasimr are looking good, has anybody been there, what are they like and what is food like as well as location, thanks guys and I would appreciate as much feed back as possible or a decent hotel restaurant if you have been there that does not just do continental breakfasts as we are from Britain and going half board x
You will find 34 reviews on Hotel Catarina

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g652081-d657293-Reviews-Santa_Catarina-Praia_da_Rocha_Algarve.html

but I think you have spelled the name of the other place as I can find nothing about it.
Teena,
I would go for Monte Gordo....it's a great place. Really flat, beautiful beach and plenty of places to eat. Was not noisy but don't know about July/Aug as most places will be really busy then.
Pat
:glynis
Check out Lagos. It's slightly more 'up-market' than Albufeira, and the town at night is magical.
There's plenty to do, and it's fairly flat. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.