General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi krankie_frankie, well depends on where and how far, and what type of holiday. I travel alone and I am going away in 3 weeks off to Benalmadena and have booked with Thomson on a package which I prefer to do, as not brave enough to do DIY, so I have the comfort of having it all taken care of. Are you wanting a package?

Do you like it quiet or plenty of night life, how far to do you want to travel, and what sort of pricing? :cheers
Most of Europe will be hot and :sun2 in July, and you probably you don't want too much travelling if your going on your own.

AI is probably a good option for single travellers as I'd imagine you soon make friends to chat to as everyone will be more hotel based :tup
Probably an idea to do a lot of searchs on the various travel sites. If you actually want to be away for 12 nights though, you may have to DIY with someone like easyjet flights and book a hotel. Most of the package holiday companys will be offering 7,10,11 and 14 nights, and the 10 and 11 nights will be to limited destinations. I'm inclined to agree with Glynis and think somewhere close and well established as a travel destination might be good, like Spain or the Algarve.
A week of summer sun will be sufficent I think. Only mentioned 12 days as that's what I am off work for.

So a few things I'd like but not a must have.

Sun
Beach close by or decent enough hotel pool.
Not to far if only for a week.

Other than that I can't think of anything else right now.

I rarely drink and I definitely don't dance :no so not at all worried about nightlife! although hotel entertainment would be nice as I can relax with a soft drink and watch without feeling awkward that I am sat by myself.
Also ideally somewhere not surrounded my horny teenagers (unless they are female and like 37 year old blokes :tup But in all seriousness I just need a week or so to relax and unwind
Hi, I'm often in your situation of just looking for a quick week away on my own in order to take advantage of a slack time at work because most of my friends usually can't just drop everything at a couple of weeks notice. In those circumstances one of the things that I've learnt to avoid is hotels that are aiming at the family market. I know that you say that you are not at all worried about nightlife but I assume that you are not wanting an entertainment/animation programme programme that is mainly geared up to the needs of kids and tweenagers either? I also found that in hotels which were adults only/mainly as a lone female traveller I stuck out less as the porverbial sore thumb because there was a better chance of there being other lone travellers or groups of single adult friends in the bar who were also looking to escape 'family fun'.

As for destination, I found that Tunisia fitted the bill - low or even non-existent single supplements, relatively short flight times, more often than not more flexiblity re 10/11 night packages, a good choice of hotels more geared up to adults rather than families and plenty to do getting out and about during the day if I strated to get bored just lying around the pool reading. It will definitely be hot and sunny in July and most of the hotels are built right beside the beach but also have nice pools.

The downside of a lot of the Tunisian hotels for some people is that a lot of the nicer ones aren't AI but as you don't drink a lot the cost of imported alcohol won't be a problem. I actually liked the fact that the local lager-style beer was relatively weak - refreshing without being intoxicating! I usually stayed HB and didn't find it expensive paying as I went.

SM
This may work for me and my friend, I asked a question looking for inspiration. we will be going for a week sep/oct 2013, want somewhere warm but not looking for clubs or bars. Just want to chill during the day, dinner and then maybe a movie, can take several on iPad.

As much as I want to go with my husband it is not possible to leave our kids with anyone for a week.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.