General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Linzi,if I were you I'd spend that money on entertaining the girls if the weather is poor,we went to Cornwall for a week a couple of years ago (first week of August) and hardly spent any time indoors, the weather was fantastic,has your camping site got any entertainment,if not you might be better off changing sites to one that has,much cheaper in the long run.Hope you get sorted.T.
Hi yes there is entertainment on the site next door. I can just see us having our tent flooded out or something.

Was a good thought though, had a quick look round online and dont think i would be able to get one within that price range anyway. Thanks for your help anyway.

linzi ;)
So you are looking to go abroad - 2 adult and 2 children for £700ish?
I hope I am wrong but I don't think you will find a holiday at that price. You might if you went later in the year though.
I think a lot of people are thinking the same as you due to this weather but August is always an expensive month.

I only said to my Husband today, can you imagine camping in this weather and having to get to the Club House at night?
After getting all dressed up, you would have to drive to it.

Keep your fingers crossed that the weather will improve and you will have a lovely time.

You could look at hotels in the UK as some have indoor pools etc and several have offers on at the moment.
You might have to make it a shorter break though.

I wish you all the best!
Thanks very much somersetsuzie. I a from somerset too, its been raining all day and I am dreading the holiday too be honest. I know now that I am not going to be able to afford going away instead of camping, I think i was dreaming lol. Even went to travel agents in town to see what they would say!!!
Oh well will be keeping everything crossed that the rain calms down before the holiday!

xx
Linzii - You probably realise now that overseas is probably out - unless you do a DIY - by that I mean you would have to row across the Channe and bring a tent with youl!

Do you think your Daughters would enjoy staying at your home with their friends? You could tell them they can stay up late, have parties every night, music on full blast and no need to keep it tidy - then you could go on holiday on your own?
Only joking!!

If you can cut down on spending this time, maybe your money would stretch to what you want later on.
Keep looking on HT because there are so many peolple who would be pleased to help you find bargains etc.

Is your intention to stay Devon or Cornwall? x
oh i love going on holiday i go by ferris does anybody else i love the coach the space is great
Linzi, Have you thought about going to Spain on a coach.? Ferris are a really good firm, with really cheap holidays and fantastic prices. Google them and see what last minute prices are with them.

Denny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.