General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I go where the best deal is,but it costs us a lot more to go SC because of under occupancy suppliments.Last March I went to the Hemera in Side for 2 weeks AI for £311 each,the previous March we went SC to Corralejo for 1 week and it cost £379 each.We still go out every day when we are AI and eat out some evenings.
dont care what anyone says ai is defo cheaper..... we have never had any problems with the food but then again we are not fussy and love foreign food..... ai wouldnt be my 1st choice because i love choosing different restaurants each night but we just cant afford it at the moment and the kids never want to leave the complex once they make friends
We went AI for the first time last year . In the past we were either H/B or SC , what a difference, we actually saved money by going AI
We've been AI about 9 times now. We make AI our Summer holiday and either go S/C or H/B for Xmas.
Through our experience, we wouldn't ever go AI to any of the Spanish places again, this is where we found poor food/drink etc. We pay a lot for our holiday in the Summer and wouldn't think that we're saving money by going AI. We will only book 4 or 5*, and do lots of research beforehand.
We don't have children, but for us we find 2 weeks being waited on hand and foot is just what we need by the time we get to August!
We have 2 children aged 16 & 12 and we went to Tenerife 4*AI at Christmas.
I have to say the food was very good ( my kids eat as much if not more than any adult I know).
The best thing for us is that they made friends with other kids and were totally happy for the whole holiday.
So, until the time comes when the kids are grown up & it means only 2 people to pay for on holiday ,for I would recommend a good 4 * AI any day.
We have been going AI since the children came along, with the exception of one holiday which was self catering and very expensive! Never again.

The standards vary depending on where you go but since we tried Cuba we would be hard pressed to find any better. I think most of the Caribbean is excellent value for money and does not cost much more, if any, than going to the Med. AI in the Caribbean means 24 hours a day, unlike some on the Med where the service stops at midnight and a lot of items are not included. I am sure this is not the case with all AIs but it has been our experience to date. In saying that, we were perfectly happy with the Med until we tried further afield.

Lou :lol:
I think if you do your research and maybe book a known brand ( we use Iberostar) then you really get value for money.

I agree it is more cost efficient for families with children but we have one AI a year and it makes a change to have most of the cost paid for.

Off to Crete in October. AI......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.