General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
we have been around the med a few times and it will be diffrent in each hotel a few will continue till the bar shuts with free local drinks a lot stop the free booz at 11pm and the worse we have been to stoped at 10pm i hadent a chance to get going that early

brian
:P bars usually close around 11/12pm but when you know that you can stock up early and get a few drinks on the table........know what i mean!! :P
When we have gone AI the norm is to have to pay after 11/12 but this year when we went to Gran Canaria the first night my husband was at the bar and ordered his drink then said what I wanted and was told the bar was closed, they shut at 12.00 and you could not pay, so he got his drink and I went without, I don't mind paying, but after that we made sure we had plenty on the table, after only a short time after the bar closed the security man said we had to finish up straight away.
I agree, many places have a cut-off time for AI ending; in some the bar is still open, but on a cash only system, in others that's it!

At the Houda beach hotel in Skanes Tunisia this May, the main bar was open 10am - 12 midnight ( all AI, then it closed) - the disco bar opended around 8.20pm and was open til 2am. Additionally the poolside bar was open 11am - 6pm

I think even for dedicated topers 10am to 2am is enough time each day!
Constantinos the great ,Protaras Cyprus was a cash bar after 12 o clock, but as you say you can stock up on drinks before this :)

gail..........
Iberostar hotels I have stayed in the drinks are free as long as bar is open, mini bar is also free both branded soft drinks and alcoholic drinks
:lol: at the risk of sounding monotonous and saying the same thing for the 3rd time tonight I don't think many A/I in europe are upto scratch with thier
longhaul competition in europe the bar shuts at either 11/12 pm it will usually tell you this in the small print when booking The best A/I are longhaul such as mexico,carribean or such they have been at it longer ,one bar in bali stayed open all night as long as you didn't mind helping yourself when the staff went home at 2am :wink:
We've only done AI on long haul (it wouldn't be worth our while in Europe) and never had a problem with the bars closing. I'm usually ready for bed around 12 anyway!! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.