Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
who have you booked with that is a great price, is that 4 adults in a 1 bed apt
we booked it with Thomas cook, and we don't have to pay our deposits until March 06. yes it is 4 adults in a 1 bed apartment.
I really liked the Altamar apartments. I thought it was a good located - right at the top of the hill instead of half way up!!! There are a few place in the Europa Shopping Centre (5 mins away) which serve really nice food, and also in the main centro commercial at the bottom of the hill. Oscars nest to the beach is supposed to be really nice, but I think you may have to book (or go early). I personally like the Royal Oak in the main shopping centre - good old fashioned british grub!

The apartments themselves are not huge but the balconies are!!! We had sunlougers on them plus a table, four chair and a clothes dryer!!!

Have fun !
:D Hi There,

Me and my boyfriend are going to the Altamar on the 1st of July, its our first time in Gran Canaria too, maybe we will see you there lol!!

Have a nice holiday,

Jemma
:hyper Have just booked to go here for two weeks on the 20 july 09, got a great price on a 2 bed roomed apt, staying half board, would love to here from anyone that has stayed here before, what was the food like?, and what is there to do?, we are going as a family of four, I have 2 boy, 4 and 6.
Look forward to hearing from you many thanks vickiex :cheers
Hi does anyone know if the altamar do All Inclusive all year round? or is it just in the winter,I'm thinking about going here and would like to know if they do it in september as this would be a good option for us,it's not for this september :( but next year.
Have got a 2 bed apt booked for july and would like a room in a quite location, if anyone has stayed here before and can recommend a room I would be grateful.
Also resturant recommendations and days out ideas would be good to :tup
Hi,
We have booked to go to the Altamar in October.I have an old plan of the complex from 1998 and it has the numbers of the apartments on it.If i remember correctly we stayed on level 3 the last time we were there but you had to get the lift every time you left the complex.I am going to email them and ask for a high floor room and see what they say.I guess it is just luck if you do get a quiet room as you may have noisy neighbours etc but if you request a room away from the entertainment then you should be OK.
For anyone who may not have seen our reviews of this complex, please click here.

David :wave
Does anyone know if you can book the Altamar apartments direct as I cannot seem to find a web site for them or does anyone know where to book them as all the usual companies do not seem to have them apart from Thomas cook.
many thanks
mark
Grrr it wont let me post links hmmmm
anyways the website is www . altamarhotels . com (without the spaces ;)
5 weeks today til I go :tup
Afternoon all, just a quick question. Does anyone know how much it costs 2 upgrade from Half board to all Inclusive at this hotel?

thanks alot
I have booked the Altamar apartments for 2010 and have heard that they put inflatables in the big pool for the kids at some point during the day, just wondering if this is only at certain times of the year?,we are going september and hoping they put them out then aswell, any info much appreciated
19 euro's per person to upgrade!!
is that per day, per week?

thanks for the reply :)
Bit of a silly question but do they have clothes airer on the balconys :think ??
Vicjayhay

Yes they do according to my friends as they are going to these apartments for the 3rd time running on the 20th july :)
Many thanks Shazajo, might see them there, we are both going on the same day, can't wait :cheers .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.