Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi there, sorry nobody has answered you yet, we have some resort reviews here that maybe helpful

Regards

Sarah
thats great, thanks

just wondering if anyone has info on the waterparks?

location and how to get to them from alvor, which is best etc
Hi event,

The nearest water park to Alvor is Slide and Splash. It's a few miles east of Portimao on the EN125 towards Lagoa. I've never been there but I see on forums that many people with older kids :wink: recommend this one.

A few miles further east is Aqualand, just before Alcantarilha.

You might also be interested in going to Zoomarine which is a bit further east, just before Guia.

There are free buses which run to these attractions from Albufeira, so I think there should also be some from Alvor/Portimao.

May is a lovely time to go - no crowds and hopefully beautiful weather. Have a great time!
thats great, thanks very much
I can confirm that there are buses from Alvor to the water parks and zoomarine (pickups in the town and at the major hotels /complexes in the area)

Slide and Splash is the best park unless you have young kids. having visited the water parks in May and August, May is by far less crowded (goes for the whole of the Algarve)

My only comment on visiting in May is once the sun goes down it can get a bit cold at night and a t-shirt on its own can sometimes not be enough if you are wlaking around.
brilliant, thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.