Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Ahh, NYE in the Dam - My wife and I love it!

The do have street parties and fireworks, but this can be a problem for some as the Dutch like to let off their firecrackers and bangers off everywhere, I've seen them trown into a crowd of people! It doesn't happen often but you need to take care and keep your wits about you.
In Dam square there is a big do, the have bands on and other entertainment leading up to a countdown for midnight, then all the fireworks off and it manic. It is very busy in Dam square but thoroughly enjoyable. Last year we headed up to the Leidseplein for NYE, we enjoyed it much more, people we're still out on the streets but we stayed indoors, that's the other great thing, if you want a drink in a pub it is unbelievably easy to get serves as most people are out on the street!

I'd recommend NYE in the Dam to anyone, it can be as frantic or as relaxed as you like, we've done it both ways now and will be back again this year :)
Public transport stops at around 6-8pm on NYE but it starts again early the next morning on NY Day so it's not so bad, it's safe enough to walk around the City and as you know, it's a fairly smaller City so walking back to your hotel is no bother.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.