Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
nice to hear you had a good holiday. Ubud- you really do have to eat early on. If you are at a temple performance you just have to go right afterwards. However, we did find restaurants open until 11pm.
Hi Jules

Glad you had a great holiday and you posted now as we are off tomorrow (our $ plummeting against the greenback and suddenly our hotel which is booked in Baht at this stage is going to cost $300 more :cry )

I guess after Legian Ubud was very different. Tegal Sari is well known for it's ordinary breakfast, apart from that I hope you enjoyed your stay there. We stayed at a place in Ubud years ago and breaky consisted of a poached egg on a cracked saucer, coffee given with a tin of sweet and condensed milk...complete with jagged half open lid, a far cry from the Holiday Inn Phuket.

Now if you think Ubud is quiet... Langkawi is too. It's been a while since we were there but this is one of the few places my husband doesn't want to return to... I'd love to go again. One thing they do there is say all restaurant's tables are all in use, they will ask other diners if they are happy to share the table. This practice doesn't bother me as I love talking to people and it's a nice way of meeting new people.

Well, I'm off to the hairdressers for my 'sheep dip' now then I'm going to pack :D

Cheers Geri
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.