Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Lynne they couldn't go wrong with Kefalos, we love the place and are due to go back again September for our eleventh viist. Tell them there are some stunning beaches about 1/2 mile out of resort, much better than the beach in Kefalos itself which is mix of sand and shingle..
If you want to PM me I can go into more detail and give them plenty of recommendations for tavernas etc to try
let me know
Heather
Heather, you know towards the harbour end there is a taverna with an upstairs looking out to the sea, kind of all wooden (I used to call it the running man restaurant as all the staff run everywhere)

Anyway just across the road there used to be a lovely little stretch of sand where me and my friend would just stick our towels down and go snorkelling and sunbathing, last summer it was gone and we had to go somewhere else.

Is it perhaps man made with sand being put there by the taverna owners or something? Maybe they will have it back this year.

I want to go back there now haha
Hi Sally - the place you are referring to is called Santa Barbara, located just next door to Maria's (Manos Cocktails). However, the little sandy bay is just a wee bit further down going towards the harbour end, I would say about opposite the road leading up to Andreas Studios. Or it was last year anyway!!
Ahh now yes there IS a place near the road to Andreas but year 2001 and 2003 there was a place near the santa barbara and its gone, was a lovely little place, seems to me the sand might have been put there to make a temporary beach just for the season and then was washed away in the winter, shame it was lovely i have a photo of me and my ex sitting there
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.