Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
Hi Debbi, we were in Busselton in March. We were actually staying in Margaret River but Busselton is only an hour's drive away so we decided to pay a visit and its lovely. It has the longest wooden jetty in the southern hemisphere at a mile long and at the end there is an observatory down which you can descend (walking) about 8 metres below sea level to view the fish and coral. Well worth the long walk. We didn't see much else of the town because of time but I would recommend if you do have the time go - I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Thanks Babs, that observatory sounds well cool. We will be there for a week, so will deffo give that a shot. I have seen pics of the place, but it is nice to hear from someone who has actually been. Can't wait to taste the yummy Margaret River wines too. :cheers
Thanks again Babs.xx
Don't forget the chocolate factory, cheese factory and jam factory! It's a thankless task but someone has to do it ;)
Oooooh, didn't realise we were near the chocolate factory. They have one on the Swan River too, which I have been to many times before. Always seem to make ourselves feel sick with all the freebies. Lat time we were there, I bought some massive, what I can only describe as HUGE chocolate buttons with sprinkles all over. Expensive though, I think they worked out at something like £6 each. Thanks for that tip, I will make sure I visit the cheese factory.Have bought their cheeses in the Supermarkets over there, but to get it straight from the factory will be Lushhhh.
Thanks again Babs.xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.