Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Have you thought of Palma itself. We stayed at the Costa Azul over the road from the harbour, great harbour and cathedral views. About 15 mins walk round the harbour to the old town.
Pippa, have you looked at the Calablanca hotel, they have sea views, but you do have to pay for these. Or the Santa Lucia, they are both on the front in Palmanova.
Not too keen on staying in Palma itself - too noisy and too much traffic!!

We walked past the Cala Blanca and the Santa Lucia many times whilst staying at the Son Matias. Have checked reviews on both and the Cala Blanca seems to be the better one - it did look quite nice from what we could see.

Pippa
you should of looked inside..very posh chairs ect.piano as you walk in to bar/rest/area.got to say from the outside veiws this does look like a hotel.
my mates have stayed there d i y.they have been going for 30 years.and they say its a brill hotel..
We go to palmanova quite often, although haven't stayed in calablanca we've popped in to look around. It is rather nice, but I'm sure you have to pay extra for the sea view rooms, but they do look right out over the beach like the son matias which we have stayed at a few times - lovely hotel.
Not a problem paying extra for a sea view - that is the norm after all. The exception is the Son Matias where all rooms have a sea view.

Pippa
As djwoody says, it is rather posh, they have a red carpet leading inside & a piano cocktail bar. It does look lovely though I must admit. I'm certain some of the companies like alpharooms, wintersunshine etc do it on DIY, that could work out a bit cheaper. Worth pricing up. It is a shame the Son Matias is closing for refurb as it does a lot of indoor activities for the winter months & Laura, who incidently is getting married this month is great with all the clients. As is Tony on the bar, they remember people visit after visit, it's like home from home. Anyway, good luck pippa with whichever you choose. Deb.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.