Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
the world is your oster... Crete .. large lots of history nice villages if you eat with the locals ..good fresh food and reasonably priced, Kos birthplace of hypocrites [visit the aspeneumn] and archaeological sites around kos town, again food is what you make it ..good local reasonably prices food can be found, Kardamina is the 18/30 resort but in may it will be early in the season and not many of them about

wizard
Thanks Wizard. I think we are going to book 2 weeks in May in Zante 3* b&b for £300 each, seems like a pretty good deal. Would like to do the 2 day trip to the mainland.

:) xx
im off to Zakinthos in may as well.. [fist trip here] found a 4star half board from thomson for 305 each inc flights/transfers and charges :tup

wizard
Whick resort are you staying in? I think we are going to Kalamaki on the 8th hopefully. :)
we are going to the 18/30 resort of Lagana [but i cant remember 30 let alone 18] we will be using the hotel as a base to do a few trips from and looking to find some Local taverns [not holiday oriented ones] for the odd meal and drinks [love my metaxa epta asteri and an odd glass of Mythos] which you don't usually get in resort areas

wizard
There isn't a lot of history or should I say historical sites left in Zakynthos as most of the place had to be rebuilt due to earthquakes.
I think Rhodes or Crete are far nicer islands to visit and much more interesting too.

Just my thoughts. (My wife's too!)

Parky
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.