Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Anybody, maybe Max Biker, been up to Terekol by taxi ? Tarkali doesn`t look too much further up, any idea on price or time taken to get there?
Sorry I can't help you FTV - just thought I'd tell you so you didn't feel like you were talking to yourself!!

:D
Which way do you go? Do you have to travel through Ashwem etc, or is there a quicker way?
I would think that taxis would use the NH 17 state road then venture off towards the coast past Terekol :que
P.S Thanks Lozza :D
Why dont you just go on a scooter? A little adventure for yourself hehe
Is tarkali the place with the massive ruined Fort overlooking paradise beach? - If so it's about a 20-30 min drive past teracol. We had lunch at teracol then carried on over some very bumpy roads past a massive quarry. The beach is beautiful and deserted!!
Come to think of it I think it was called Reddi Fort?......maybe this isn't the place that you are thinking of FTV, but worth a trip anyway.
GFF xx
ggf
how long would it take from baga on a bike and can you get there and back in a day or would you advise to stay somewhere over night..
hope you can help
From Baga to Reddi Beach it's about one and half hour on bike.
Head for Teracol but take the first ferry, not the Querim-Fort one.
Follow road from ferry to a T. Junction, left takes you back towards the fort, turn right, follow road through first village till you you come to a small power cum transmitting station, it's got red/white masts, turn next left, follow narrow road into village, road bears right and then any amount of lanes/walkways on the left take you onto the beach.
Tarkarli is just south of Malvan, about 10/15Kms.
I've driven the coast road up to Malvan but would not attempt it on a scooter. The distance and road condition would stretch the limits of your limbs and posterior.
Coast road much more spectacular than the N17, plus you can drop into Vengurla beach, in my opinion far prettier than Tarkali, which seems to be twinned with Agonda beach in south Goa.
Just remember if you do venture up north, although you are only 1 to 3 hours north of Goa, spoken English becomes less and all road signs, apart from NH are in Hindi so you will need your pathfinder senses.
Reddi (Paradise) Beach is the one just north of Teracol, easy to get there, very, very pretty, and can be done in a day with time to spare.
Thanks Eddie :tup, Taxi looks the best option then, I was going to hire an Enfield for the week but I don`t think I would go out of state on it anyway. Drove up that way on the coach to Mumbai a few years ago so I know what you mean about the signs etc. some truly stunning scenery. Thanks for all the info.
Writing this on my laptop on Tarkali beach now,the road to take is up to Teracol over the ferry then up NH4 past Vengurla to Malvan agood car driver can do it in 3hr.Goa taxi drivers ask between 2000 and 4000rps.We allways go by train from Thivim to Kudal 60rps one way 2 people, then rickshaw from Kudal to Tarkali 300rps we stay in agreat little hotel just off the beach 650rps,rooms are not cheap up here as in Goa,everthing else is.Remember this is not Goa very few people speak english,2 hotels serve drink with food (beer),no walking around in bikini top etc.NO BOOM BOOM MUSIC thank God
Writing this on my laptop on Tarkali beach now,the road to take is up to Teracol over the ferry then up NH4 past Vengurla to Malvan agood car driver can do it in 3hr.Goa taxi drivers ask between 2000 and 4000rps.We allways go by train from Thivim to Kudal 60rps one way 2 people, then rickshaw from Kudal to Tarkali 300rps we stay in agreat little hotel just off the beach 650rps,rooms are not cheap up here as in Goa,everthing else is.Remember this is not Goa very few people speak english,2 hotels serve drink with food (beer),no walking around in bikini top etc.NO BOOM BOOM MUSIC thank God

Sounds great!! How far past Keri beach is it?
Vengurla aprox 25 klms Malvan 45 klms more small roads.
Tried to find it last year but went wrong somewhere, found Redi ok and a couple more further up but Tarkali evaded us so did a U turn back to Baga. Seeing Redi beach was worth the effort. If you go to Redi for the day remember there are no shacks or sellers so take water.
Tarkali is the name given to an area near to the seaside town of Malvan.Follow the NH4 road up the coast from Terakol.
Going to attempt this trip again this year, anyone else done this on a scooter
From what was said earlier, i wouldnt attempt to go on scooter.
The distance is a major factor, along with there hardly being any road signs, and not many people speak english well, so unless you know exactly where you are going get a taxi
:)
tried it on a scooter last time, may try again with a map.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.