Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Scouse that sounds a bit underhand to me, looks like they were just after some extra money.Thanks for info I will steer away from them if booking any accommodation. Cheers Jayjan
I would contact Watchdog

They should give you an explaination on why your holiday was cancelled
I smell a rat if they can cancel your holiday and then offer you the same holiday at a higher price.

Maybe they priced the holiday up wrong in the first place, if so its their fault.

Elaine x
The problem with Unpackaged Holidays is as I've just found out, they're not part of ATOL, ABTA etc. I'd never use them again! We've had a few issues with the apartment we rented, the main ones being the key pick up point being 2kms from the apartment which we were not told about, so therefore we had to drag our luggage and kids on the day we got there, the second point being water problems, even though I rang Unpackaged Holidays whilst we were on holiday the issues were never dealt with, so after complaining when getting back they're now saying I should have contacted the number on the voucher, now why didn't they tell me that when I rang them! They also claim that one of their staff had told me about the key pick up points and to keep hold of taxis, yet they have no record of it and besides I know I'd remember a conversation like that. Be very wary of this company!
As we own our own place on the Algarve I dont often have to book hotel or apartment accommodation unless we have someone in our house which overlaps by maybe 2 or 3 nights, in this case I have always had excellent service & been very satisfied from http://www.hotelopia.co.uk & http://www.freedomdirect.co.uk both of these are abta or atol registered. I would be very wary of booking with someone I had never heard of or hadnt got a bond with ABTA/ATOL I tend to stick with whom I know from experience. Cheers Jayjan
I booked a 5-star hotel in Cyprus with them for my honeymoon night. They confirmed my email and I even telephoned them to double-check the booking.
When we got to the hotel, the staff there had no idea who we were. They said that they had never heard of unpackaged . com and that we could either pay for the room again (at a higher rate) or go and look for accommodation elsewhere.
"Unpackaged . com" had provided emergency numbers but, of course, no-one would answer any of the numbers.
I got back to the UK and expected a prompt refund. What a mistake! They refused to refund my money and challanged me to take them to a small claims court! I think I might just do this
You should also note that they use two different company names: "seligo . com" and "unpackaged . com".

This post has been edited to remove potentially libelous comment
David HT Mod
When I type in unpackagedholidays.com it defaults to

http://www.unpackaged.com

10 The Wharf, Bridge Street,
Birmingham, B1 2JS
Telephone: 0871 700 1000

ABTA Number W974X

Is this the correct company?

From ABTA Site

abta.com ABTA Number Search: "W974X"

Unpackaged Holidays Ltd Head Office W974X
10 The Wharf, Bridge Street
Birmingham West Midlands B1 2JS Tel : 0870 705 5000
Fax : 0121 683 0010

Additional Trading Names registered with ABTA:

(W974X) Unpackaged Holidays
(W974X) Unpackaged
(W974X) Seligo

From Creditgate

Company No: 02439664
Incorporated: 03/11/1989
Registered Office:

10 THE WHARF
BRIDGE STREET
BIRMINGHAM
B1 2JS

Company Type: Private Limited

I suggest a complaint be made in writing to ABTA and Trading Standards.

fwh
I was actually looking at some accomodation on unpackaged.com, as the prices were so cheap, but thanks to this thread I wont even be considering, -

What an absolute nightmare, getting to your accomodation, to be told they had no record of you - To everyone who has had a problem with this so called company, ring Ros immediately, and take them to the small claims court! -

Good Luck, belly
Dear fwh & belly,

I've taken fwh's advice and written to ABTA. (I'd already written to unpackaged. It's now been just on 5 weeks with no reply.) If ABTA doesn't manage to get unpackaged to behave like even vaguely like a reputable company, then it we'll definitely be off to small claims court!
Did you pay with a credit card ? Maybe you should inform the card company about them. :?:
Just to add another dimension to this thread, I booked (in April-ish this year) a week's holiday in the Algarve for July, for 3 adults, at a 4* hotel which was in one of their 'special offers'..... all done over the internet & email confirmations, and absolutely no problems whatsoever. Room ready and waiting for us on arrival, reception staff aware of our booking and accepted our print-out confirmation voucher, and everything completely in order. No complaints at all; in our case, at least, they did manage to
behave like even vaguely like a reputable company

My sympathies to anyone who obviously has had rather less satisfactory experiences with unpackaged.com, but I just wanted to point out that they are not unequivocal rip-off merchants...

...although clearly not guaranteed reliability either!! :roll:
I just thought I'd add in my tuppence.

I recently travelled on a package to the Costa Blanca with Unpackaged :evil: . Never again. Like it happened with the person above, I turned up at the hotel and they told me that I had no booking! I called Unpackaged back in the UK but they said there was nothing they could do.

I had to put the hotel onto my credit card. I'm now chasing unpackaged to get some money back but there very hard to pin down. I've been waiting for more than a month for a reply to my letter and they won't provide any information/help on the phone.

Anyway, I laughed when I saw this bit above:

My sympathies to anyone who obviously has had rather less satisfactory experiences with unpackaged, but I just wanted to point out that they are not unequivocal rip-off merchants...

It's good to have some sympathy but I wish unpackaged could show some! Based on my experience, I'd say that the happy campers are in the minority.

Save yourself the grief with Unpackaged and make your bookings with a company with a better reputation.

Oh, and wish me luck with my refund claim!

Rob
I wonder how camngnp223 go on?
We have just used unpackaged.com on a holiday to Ibiza and seem to have had much better service than the other posts show. They were really helpful, suggesting a hotel perfect for our needs. Would recommend using them again... we have already booked a holiday to Italy with them next year. Oh and they are member of ABTA now I think!

:cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.