Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
anyone been?
4 Posts
No sorry not been it looks a big campsite with 310 pitches and loads of firms using it let us know what is like

We will be elsewhere in July but not far away (Pitou Charente)
Hi, first time on Holiday-Truth.Com and I have just seen your post not sure if you been to Domaine de Beaulieu yet or not but we have stayed on this site twice and found it a nice relaxing place to stay with a nice pool area with a waterslide and jacuzzi, and we found the staff to be very helpful. There are few tour operators on site but there was only a couple there at the time we went, we stayed there for 2 week in June/July 05 & 3 weeks in June/July 07, on the second visit we departed on the 13th July and on the last week there was entertainment on in the daytime & evenings. There is a small shop, bar, restaurant and takeaway on site which we used on a couple of occasions and the prices was reasonable though the second time we went the restaurant was only open at weekends. On both occasions the site was never more than half occupancy, there was about 5 or 6 English touring caravans and we saw about 3 or 4 english families in the mobile homes, I beleive the weekend we left was when the site starts to get more busy.

You don't say if you are taking children or not but if you are there is also a small childrens swimming pool, a pool table & game machines in the bar there is also table tennis, mini golf, childrens play area with slide etc, tennis & football courts as well as the boules area, and you can also hire bicycles.

St Gilles Croix de Vie is a nice fishing village to walk around with plenty of restaurants. From the site there is a supermarket within a 4 or 5 minute drive, there is a beach within walking distance of the site but no proper footpath to walk along the main beach area is about 5 minute drive it's great if you enjoy surfing, there is also a couple of good restaurants along here and it's about a 5 minute walk from the beach to the town.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.