America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
If that is also http://www.villas2000.com aka Villa Rentals by Owners, then yes i have.

I rented a villa in Winward Cay, Kissimmee through that site with no problems at all.
VRBO and villas 2000 are different companies but both rent direct from owner sites so you are dealing with an individual rather than a company but its a good way to go about it .
We are using VRBO this year and have got a villa where we want and the right size for us.The owner we are dealing with has been very helpful.
Sue
We have been using them for some years, no problems, different villa each year and stayed in some lovely villas.

:D :D :D
I used vrbo for two years and |I never got a booking on my florida villa-but I managed one booking with my french chalet(now sold)

Alison

http://www.poohcornervilla.com
I have used VRBO - I got a fantastic villa in Windsor Palms from a couple who lived in Cellbridge. It all worked out very well, the house was super and close to Disney and the I4
Just wondering if anyone has used this company to book accomodation in Orlando and how did they find them.
which company is that?
Vrbo?

a few have used it.

as an advertiser-it just never worked for me.
When I had a home in Florida I got about 90% of my bookings from VRBO.
They are now a bit too big and we tried to rent a home through them in January but virtually every owner we wanted to book with had not bothered to update their availability calendar. Only any good now if you know the area you want to stop in.

Terry
That's really interesting terry-you must have owned pre-2000 then.
Anyway better not let this go way off topic.
There's plenty of good villa sites available now that weren't there when I first got my villa in 2000.

A few of them have been named here. Quite a few of them let you put your enquiry in and owners respond if they have the dates available.
It does mean that the guest often gets hundreds to choose from. However I think it's a better alternative than having to approach each individual owner first oif all to see if they have the dates available.

if you respond to a newspaper advert you will often find that if an owner is booked he or she will have several villa owning friends that will help you out. I've often rang round my friends to place a booking if I am unavailable. ?It is something I have always done free o charge. It's all part of the service. Often i know a villa personally and have no qualms about recommding it. What goes around comes around-and you get your turn eventually.

I still recommend dealing directly with an owner rather than going through big management companies where you are just a number on the books. But that is just my opinion. I have seen some very tired looking villas in my day.

I know some guests have been disappointed when dealing directly with an owner but I think they are in the minority compared to people who have used a big tour operator and had villa located on arrival.
My opinion-FWIW
Alison
hi, we have rented a villa at windsor palms through this company.The owner has been very helpful and even gave us a discount because we have 2 birthdays while we are there (40th and 14th) which means we've been able to hire a 4 bed villa rather than a townhouse.we go in may, so i will let you know how we get on 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.