Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
:wave: hi eileen hoops have a great time try cambrils,it's lovely along the marina,if you like markets,there's one there.la pineda too.portaventura is a good day out or evening.depends what you like doing.have a nice holiday and enjoy yourself :cheers
EileenHoops

I went to Pineda a few years back, it's lovely and if you don't mind a walk, Calella is further down and can be reached also. In Calella right in the centre by the Church there is this little shop that makes different types of eleaborate candles, different colours and styles by dipping the waxes etc, - may not be up your street, but fascinating to watch.

I also went to Port Aventura too, and have to agree it was very good, my son throughly enjoyed it, and rated it better than Disney Paris (so did I), the queues are not so long, and there seems to be something for all ages, rides walkes and various shows too.

Hope this helps - and hope that you enjoy your holiday :cheers
Hi Miss Pink,

Eileenhoops is travelling to La Pineda not Pineda. La Pineda is next door to Salou about 120 miles away from Calella.

Don't go getting in a taxi Eileen and ask them to take you to Calella, could be a big bill, or if you take Miss Pinks advice its gonna be a bloody long walk!! :rofl

Mark
lol thanks for that mark u just saved me a fortune :D :rofl

thanks for the info everyone xxx any more is always good ? :wave:
:rofl ain't that near to blanes and lloret de mar?????you'd need a :fly :haha
Wouldn't worry Miss Pink. Read an article in the news over the weekend where they listed a number of destinations where people had inadvertantly booked - thinking they were going somewhere else - Some unbeleivable mistakes - Yours was quite understandable ;)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/news/article6274352.ece?token=null&offset=0&page=1
Thanks Scoop, your understanding of my stupid mistake is very much appreciated, I feel a little better now.

;)
Last info :D "La pineda" belongs to vila-seca and Pineda is exactly named "Pineda de Mar"

"Pineda" is a forest of pine trees :) so now you know the common trees on these areas :)
I was in the Donaire last year. Great hotel,great entertainment for the kids. I'm also a fellow hoopy Eileen so I will advice you to take a look at the guys tatoo's in the Dubliner pub just up the road. I think I can say you wont be back after that...!

Make sure you go to the Beach Hut late at night,all the reps from the Hotel go and it's great for getting to know them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.