Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Chilly, be careful borrowing a cot out there. The one I got for my friends was made from painted steel (I think) and the bars have a bigger gap between them. No safety standards like over here. I would get yourself a safety gate to prevent the little one from accessing the stairs and see if you can find an alternative solution for sleeping - maybe make a bed up in a drawer or something - sounds daft I know :que Fizz
Hi Fizz
thanks for the advice, you cant be too careful i agree, but a travel cot would be ok, the problem is he is 19 mths and there is no way i can put a gate on my stairs as the balustrade is wrought iron (like railings almost) and a round newell post top and bottom, so nothing very secure to attach it too ... my stairs are granite and my mum nearly died falling from top to bottom on them 2 years ago and spent all her holiday from day one in intensive care :yikes so i am very nervous about them, my son is still trying to organise bringing a travel cot so all is not lost but its not only weight its getting on coaches to Heathrow etc with baby and pushchair, suitcases etc I am just hoping someone will have one here i can borrow.... if not we will have to think again, but its worth asking, i have asked Rob at CWT and am waiting for a reply as i heard he may have one? heres hoping ;)
chilly
Maybe one of the (better) hotels would let you hire one from them for the 3 weeks Chilly? :think Just another thought.
Blimey your poor mum, I can see why you are so concerned. Like you said maybe Rob can help, or knows a man who can! Gemma's suggestion is a good one too, I never thought of that :duh Fizz
ummm might be worth a try Gem, do they have them? I suppose they must?
chilly
Yes I am sure they must Chilly. Ive seen people in Goa with small babies aged from months old up to 2 or 3 years of age.
Ive definitely seen small babies at the Marinha Dourada. Phone and speak to Edwin he is the hotel manager.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.