Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi currymonster

I have been doing a bit of research on Dahab. It seems to be one of the few resorts that has independant life outside of the hotels in the same way that Sharm does. It also has two Bed and Breakfast hotels that seem to be of a similar standard to those you get in Sharm, The Dahab Hilton and the Meridien. There is an AI hotel as well - The Iberotel Dahab, but you said that wasn't to your taste.

From what I can gather these hotels are in one area but there is a beach area with loads of bars and restaurants in the same way you get in Namma Bay. There are also reefs there. Seems to be about an hour north of Sharm.

Don't know if this helps. The other areas such as Taba Heights and Marsa Alarm don't really have much outside of the hotels and El Gouna doesn't have any local reefs. Hurghada, might fit the bill but seems to get mixed reviews.

Doe
Hi Doe,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply :tup

Will have a look at the area you suggested, will let you know if I find anything which may help you also.

Best regards

Steve
There is also El GOuna - much nicer than Sharm to walk about it... its a hassle free resort, set prices for everything, ie taxis, bus, tuk tuks etc. You have the choice of the up market marina area and downtown, and hotels set around beautiful blue lagoons and choice of beaches. Lots of bars with pool tables, incidently the pool tables are free to play on - wins hands down for us!
i am also a fan of el gouna, i have been 3 times and couldnt imagine being elsewhere but it is quiet there compared to the busyness of sharm.. personally thats what i like but if u want lots of jumping nightlife and bars it may not be for u

there are bars and a couple of nightclubs but u may want a lot more if u are used to sharm.. its supposed to be very good for snorkelling and because of the breeze there is a lot of kitesurfin etc there

hth
i have heard it is very good. i dont snorkel myself so cant give u first hand experience but lots of people were snorkelling when i was there

maybe someone else on here can comment more
We had the best snorkelling trip in July through the Three Corners Rhianna diving centre. The glassbottom boat took us out, past the Movenpick, then anchored for a couple of hours and we swam from 'garden' [think thats the term :think ] to 'garden' ... I am not the fittest in the world, but it was absolutely fine - we saw some huge angels, parrot fish, loads of nemo's, and many more that I dont know the names of. It was absolutely superb. I think the morning trip was around £7 which was excellent value I thought. The guide was very good. I would advise though to get your own snorkel and mask before you go - from previous experience we have in the past borrowed from the boat, but you do spend most of your time emptying the mask, and the Red Sea is very salty and your eyes really do hurt.

Can't wait to return :cheers
Hurghada is a busy resort which comes alive at night there are plenty of shops, bars, restaurants and clubs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.