Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
For price info from hotel...

http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk/hotel_playa_mar.htm

(1) Tapas lunch with drinks... Per person... Food, anything from 5 to 10 Euros per person. Drinks, small beer 2 to 3 Euros, large beer 4 to 5. Everything depends, of course, on where you eat and what you like. There are lots of cafes along the Pine Walk area by the beach and lots more in the main square. "Little Italy", about 1/2 way along the walk by the beach is excellent and Boney's (Bonies ?) in the main square. In the evening head towards the back of town, the front is expensive. The "Celler La Para" on the Pollensa road (opposite the BetaCar hirecar office) is excellent value...8 to 15 Euros for a main course, 5 Euros for a jar of house wine (jarra de la casa).
(2) Eroski supermarket... there are two situated on the main Pollensa road (Carrer Joan XXIII) which runs off of the roundabout by the marina. The smaller of the two is about 200 metres along the road on the right. The larger (which was previously a Caprabo supermarket) is by the roundabout at the end of the road as you leave town. Map here...
http://www.puertopollensa.com/maps/central.html
The playa Mar is right on the north edge of town so you have about a 15-20 min walk to get to the centre. To get to the large supermarket walk up from the Playa Mar onto the by-pass and head towards town, you will see the Eroski/Caprabo at the end of the road on your left.
Any other questions just ask, although I am off to PP on Saturday myself so be quick.
We are off to the Playa Mar tomorrow (3rd year for us) stayed HB last year first time but not for us am afraid. Think it is about 15 euro pp per day (slightly less for kids) to go Half board, breakfasts are good but we found the evening food was not too good but each to their own. Apart from that the Playa Mar is an excellent place to stay specially if you have kids!
It might be too late to ask this question. HELP, I am taking my kids to Playa Mar tomorrow and worried about the food in Spain. I have opted for self Catering. Is this a good idea. And i would like to know where i can get bargain clothing for the entire family. Will my children love it there?
Stayed at Playa Mar for the last 3 years and very good, did HB there last year but not for me - food is fine but not brilliant. Eating out in Puerto Pollensa you are spoilt for choice - try Brisa Marina and Trios, excellent food and really good value for money, Enjoy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.