Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hi If you havent looked yet we have some reviews on the following link

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/zante/argassi/windmill-studios-and-apartments/

note we have the island listed under Zante

wizard
Gaeilge,

I didn't stay at The Windmill Apartments but was in Argassi last year and noticed these apartments. They were set back off the main road at one end of the resort. They looked like nice comfortable accomodation although I couldn't comment on how safe they were for the little ones. I would say that most things (if not all) were well within walking distance from these apartments.

There are a number of restaurants in this resort and we had a superb meal every night - I'd particularly recommend The green Frog (which is close to The Windmill), Stars (though that is at the other end of the resort) and Castaway which we found to be so good we went back even though we were only there for a week. There are also numerous bars/pubs if this is your thing many of which cater for families.

One word of caution about Argassi. If you or the kids like a nice sandy beach then you'll be disappointed with this resort. The beach - if you can call it that - is very narrow and of poor quality. Please note though that this is only my opinion. I have read posts on this website actually praising the beach at Argassi much to my surprise! There is the option of getting a bus to other beaches but we found these to be unreliable and probably not ideal with two kids in tow!

Hope this has helped a little bit.

Steve
thinking about booking this apartment is there any one out there that can give me so feed back on this or on the resort of argassi. cheers :D
Hi oneilly ... I have merged your enquiry with this previous topic about the Windmill, which also includes a link to the reviews page for this complex.

You will also find loads of feedback on Argassi in the Zante section of our Resort Reports site (link in navigation bar at top of page).

David :wave
Hi ! The windmill apartments are sister apartments to the Admiral studios across the road in which I have stayed. They are set on a side resort just off the main strip (but very central)They were clean and spacious and we had a wonderful holiday here. You could also use the facilities of the Commodore hotel( check this as things might have changed) There wasn't specific amenities for children but Argassi is a very child friendly resort. Children are welcomed everywhere. If you like being around the pool there are plenty of loungers and the pool is a decent size. If you are a beach lover however as has been mentioned, it is narrow and disappointing. Argassi is a great central resort, close to both Zante Town and Laganas, if you fancy a change. Hope this will be of some use to you.
If anyone has stayed here and not yet done so, please assist your fellow holidaymakers by adding your review to Wizards link above.

Many Thanks 8)
Can I just point out that the Windmill Bay Apartments and the Windmill Studios (which are on the link above) are not the same apartments.

The Windmill Studios are at the top end of the main strip, opposite the Maria Mare studios to the side of the Green Frog. The Windmill Bay Apartments are fairly new and owned by the same people, but the are situated on the opposite side of the road, further out of the resort.

Sarah
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.