Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Aqaba
7 Posts
We visited in May and it was ridiculously hot! I don't know what temp you could expect in Dec but I would assume around 18 - 22c. From Aquaba you will have the opportunity to visit the fantastic Petra, as well as Wadi Rum, Karak Castle, & The Dead Sea. Spend a few days at Petra if you can. There is so much to see!
Thanks, Sandie.
I had heard that Petra was a "must see" but what about Aqaba itself? Is it nice?
Pat
:glynis
Hi Pat, we visited in Feb just for the day whilst on a cruise, we walked to the town for a 5-6 hour stroll and found the people quite friendly (but persistant) but the town itself a dump.
Litter and muck all over the streets, it was a terrible place, we avoided eating anything because we couldnt find anywhere clean enough to trust the cooking. Bear in mind we stayed around the port side of the town, i couldnt comment on anywhere further in land.

Sorry
Thanks Smiffyz.
My son went there to look at the place 2 weeks ago for the weekend and he thought it looked nice :hmmm
Anyone else been there?
Pat
Sorry Pat - haven't been on here for a while. Well we liked Aqaba. Not a lot to do in the evenings but we found a handful of restaurants where the food was fine, and no stomach problems afterwards! No bars. You drink in the hotel bars. At the time there was no public 'tourist' beach, you had to pay to use one of the beaches owned by the big Hotels. We went to the Mowenpick I think it was & it was lovely. It's nice just to wander about the town - plenty of shops & we found a really nice place where you can sit at a table on the pavement & drink a big mug of freshly squeezed fruit juice with a falafel. You can take a trip on a glass bottomed boat, and go snorkelling. There is also an old fort in Aqaba which is worth seeing. I didn't think the town was particularly dirty, but then I visit Luxor twice a year, so probably wouldn't notice! :lol:
Hi Sandie,
Thanks for that! My son and his wife will be moving there at the beginning of May when he starts his new job. Although they only went to have a look for a weekend, he thought it looked a nice wee place........they had been living in Qatar and didn't like it there!!!!!!
He is quite keen for us to come and visit him at the end of the year i.e after Christmas, so we might pay them a visit.
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.