Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Gary it did the same for me too. Is it possible they've been taken over as I notice from the website that the address is Cala Figuera to Sa Porrasa road 07182 Magaluf Mallorca or was there 2 parks in Magaluf?

http://www.westernpark.com/index.php
There was 2 parks in Magaluf Glynis, about 200 yards apart (if that far), Western water park and Aqualand, both owned by the same group. I read elsewhere that Aqualand had closed down and was being dismantled, but having not been to the area for a couple of years i wouldn't know for sure, would need someone who has been over this summer to verify this.
To be honest we thought Western water park was better anyway, the diving show was fantastic last time we went.
Thanks, we heading over to magaluf thursday 11th august so will post here if its shut or not. We like the waterparks and agree western is best but just thought we might have a change one day!
:tup Thanks Gazjac for promising to update this situation. Have a great time :sun2 :cheers
The park looked like it had not been open for a couple of years when we drove past in Mid June, it has always looked derelict every time we have been there. I think the only aqua park in Magaluff is the Western Park, but there is another aqualand in El Arenal, here is the link to their web site:
http://www.aqualand.es/elarenal/mallorca/index.php?wlang=en

It is part of the same group as Western Park and the old Aqualand and we can highly recommend it we had a great day out in June.

Dara and Alan
Western Waterpark is the main waterpark in Magaluf, it's just past the go-kart track at the far end, away from Palma Nova. It's a quality day out and I'd thoroughly recommend it.
aqualand ,and westernworld,are owned by the same people ,aqa onlly opened august and 2 weeks in september last year ,due to the amount of people there,
Back from Majorca and just to confirm Aqualand is deffo shut, Western waterpark have taken the boomerang slide and fitted it as a new attraction this year. Just a money saving tip, buy your western water park tickets from your rep but say you can get them cheaper across the road and they will sell you tickets classed as aged between 17 and 35 no matter what your age is which are cheaper. Also return tickets are available inside the park priced at 12 for adult and 8 euro child which is half price of standard admission.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.