Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Armacao De Pera
14 Posts
have you looked at the members resort reports yet..i think this is the place

wizard
Thank you Wizard
:hyper sounds good
Hi Jade, I left a report in the resort report section of this site. You'll see from it, that we didn't really enjoy our stay and would not return, however, there are others who do like it.

The beach is lovely and the area of Senhora da Rocha is nice to walk to, and take some pictures.

Have you picked a hotel/apartments?
Yes, Vila Gale Nautico Hotel. Reports seem good for this one.
Hi Jade, yes the Vila Gale Nautico, is really lovely, probably one of the nicest hotels in Armacao, and you'll be in a great location, just across the road from the beach, and 2 mins from cafes/restaurants. There's a lovely pub just down the road from you called the Water Dog, and the English managers, Charlie and Hannah are so nice. They do lovely lunches/snacks, and it's a nice way to spend an evening. Also, if you are in there, ask them what the name of the Italian restaurant in Pera is called (I can't remember at the mo). Charlie recommended we visit there, but we didn't get the chance. It's supposed to be lovely.

Hope you have a great holiday 8)
Hi AnnieK, I think you mean the Cantinho dos Italianos in Pera. We had a very good meal there and the prices were quite reasonable.
I'll post a review about the hotel when I get back. Thank you all for info.
:thanks
Had a day there, lovely beach but shame about all the high rise buildings.
O.M.G. This is positively the ugliest resort I have EVER been in!!!. Nautico hotel is nice, but I would say 3star rather than 4, but what a God awful area it is in. Multi coloured, ghetto-like, high rise flats. Cranes all around and buliders everywhere. The planning department should all be shot at dawn for allowing this eyesore. Armacao and Pera allegedly were 2 fishing villages..............well not in my lifetime. Once you make the half mile walk through the "bronx", you will come to the old part which has some lovely restaurants. Beware ladies, every pavement is cobbled and very uneven. Brits are the only ones trying to negociate these in heels. Save yourself the bother and wear flatties. I watched numerous women and girls going out in their heels and having to stop in and buy flat sandals just to get back home. Thomson holiday company :tdown just dumped us there, no information notice board, no rep on bus to the resort, and only 2 extremely short visits to the hotel during our week. Luckily we are well travelled and did not require their services, but for 1st timers, you'd be left out in a limb. No excursions on offer either, probably due to the location. The best thing we did was hire a car and got ourselves away from the place. :rage I guess you'll gather by now that we hated the place. Hotel review will be posted separatly.
Hi Jade,

So sorry to hear you hated the place you were staying in but I hope you managed to get out and see some of the lovely coastal scenery and other villages and towns in the area . Heels are a problem in lots of places - in fact I only wear them if we are driving to a restaurant.

I really hope this hasn't put you off visiting the Algarve again and that you'll have a better experience next time.
Yes rosewb, to be fair, we did drive to some lovely places, and will definatly go back to the Algarve, just not to A de P.
Admittedly,it's many years since we've been there,but Armacao always used to be a lovely little place ! Sounds like they've ruined it chasing the €. :( :(
Sagres, I think you see many changes. My husband's work mate was there 15 years ago and he spoke highly of it. He cannot believe what he saw on our digital camera. But its now off our "tick list"
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.