Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
You usually find astrologers in the starred hotels these days. There always has been one that visits the Taj Ford Aguada on a set day each week. Have a walk down there if you are staying in Candolim - go via the beach it is easier.
I've been to Mr Singh quite a few times with unbelievable results...he also reads for a lot of the Tibetans... I didnt go looking for him just chanced upon him some years ago when chatting to him (he wasnt advertised I didnt even know he did readings) and I took it lightly but boy oh boy did his predictions come true, and he was so right about a lot of personal info, so started seeing him more regularly after that over the years and many friends have also now been to him, he used to have a small room where he lived in Saligao (ummm was it Saligao not sure now have to have a think about that!! :think ) but think he might have left Goa for a while last season but I did have his friends phone number , think i still have... its a long story to write here, but he shook me with his accuracy ... and i booked my son with him, who thinks its a load of old bull,,, he came back pretty pale faced too!! :D he is just a little old man not a wealthy astrologer or anything... but wow
chilly
There is a foreigner (spoke English but not his native tongue) and his girlfriend who have walked the beach for the last couple of seasons and he used to be at Saturday market. Don't bother - I think he did the Tarot Cards and she did something else - can't remember which way round - but I have a friend who reads the cards and said they had got many of the cards wrong. He used to charge 50rps minimum but then asked for more when he had finished - don't they all.

If the market does get up and running there are lots of foreigners who do different kinds of reading - eyes - hands - cards etc.
Thank you for your replies, just thought astrology charts would make nice gifts to bring back for Christmas.
Chilly please tell us more. if you dont mind, i dont mean your personal stuff, just if he is still about in goa would love to see this man.Many thanks. gel
NO laughing now!!!!!!! :rofl I am reluctant as I know a lot of people think this baloney!!!! so for Miccie and greeneyd lady!! ;)
well i was just wandering round Anjuna market some years ago and I was talking to a stall holder about something and this old sikh man was sat cross legged on the floor (his dad), I started to chat to him ...I talk to anyone!! :D and somehow the conversation got round to the fact that he did readings, I asked him to do one for me and we went and sat on a rock on a piece of cardboard overlooking the beach, he gave me a tiny piece of paper and told me to turn away from him and write the answer to some questions he asked me, I did this and being sceptical i made absolutely sure he had no way of seeing or watching my hand movements, he then told me to fold the paper small an put it in my back pocket ... he then looked at my hand ... told me many things but started by saying that I had a very happy marriage told me how many children their sexes and some other personal info which would have been impossible for him to know, (not common knowledge to anyone) he described my state of mind at that time (accurately) and other little things i had told nobody, told me my sons name, which happened to be both my son and husbands name, he then told me that I was going to have big changes coming in my life and would be selling my business etc etc and something would be finalised for me that would change my way of life in Oct and told me the year which was a year or so ahead ... i laughed at him and said no way sorry... as we had no intention of doing so for at least another 3/5 years, nothing could be further from our minds or plans at that time... he told me the days that were auspicious for me to make decisions, various other things and one very strange thing, ... the evening before late we had been to a jeweller looking for a piece of coral to have made into a ring, as coral next to the skin gives peace of mind, whilst there I spotted a lovely pair of blue saphire earings, as i was interested in these the jeweller said actually if u like sapphire i have an unusual yellow sapphire... i had never heard of yellow sapphire before ..i looked at it said no I was looking for coral. anyway we took our leave after looking at more things, but i was very interested in the idea of this yellow sapphire the more i thought about it...knowing nothing of this obviously, Mr Singh then told me 'your auspicious stone is yellow sapphire and you should have something made to touch your skin in yellow sapphire either maybe a pendant or ring' .... I was bowled over what a crazy coincidence ..i had never known yellow sapphires existed until the night before.... I know people may be thinking, oh he was connected to the jeweller but I had not mentioned i wanted the stone /coral next to my skin to the jeweller and anyway this had been late the previous evening in Calangute, i feel it very very unlikely if not impossible that he had any knowledge of me looking at the sapphire, (I dont know whether you know that this is an Indian thing they believe when you wear stones next to the skin the power from the sun acts on them and the energy from the natural stone goes into you...or something like that) i had been told this some years before,
He went on to tell me various other things such as i would not die as a result of an accident, or in hospital and that I would live and this is his words made me giggle...' a good long life, to 78 years, give or take a year ...you understand, I am not God'!!he gave me instructions about things i should/shouldnt do, and did say that the paths can change if you follow a different path and dont do as recommended/suggested.... he then asked me to take the tightly folded paper from my pocket , i had my hand in his and he had his finger or thumb pressed tightly against the paper in my palm looking at me he told me the answers i had written on the paper, he was 100% accurate... I was so blown away that day .... (there is a lot I havent put in )
Mr Singh told me so many things that day, I wrote them all down at the end and tucked the 2 pieces of paper in my purse.the one i had written and put in my pocket and the one i wrote all his reading on, I then carried on with life and didnt give it another thought, a year (or 2) later we were going to Goa for a holiday I was packing and came across my indian 'purse' and inside was this paper.... I read it and was stunned, we had unexpectedly out of the blue for personal reasons decided in Feb/march to put our business on the market and this was now October., we exchanged and completed on 24th....we then had a house built in Goa and our lives had changed... so many things he said and i had written on the paper had happened , but this was the one noone not even i could have thought likely... all impulse really out of the blue...
so thats about it really, after that I searched for him on my next visit which was hard but located him and saw him again and have done now for some years, he has (well up till last year, dont know now) no phone but has a friend with a phone, so i used this to make arrangements to see him, my sons girlfriend wanted to see him and when i arranged it I offered him some money to do them both (bargain and all that two for one!!!!) when i told my son he was fuming, he has no interest or belief in this, but reluctantly we made him, when he returned he was dead quiet and it wasnt until that night that he told me how he was bowled over by what he had been told, some of which he couldnt tak about in fornt of his girlfriend, 'even though i dont believe in this sort of thing Mum'!!!!! he told him he was unhappy in his work and changes were coming and that he was unfulfilled in the relationship and considering ending it.etcetc.. all true.. and he did change not only his job but career path and finished with his girlfriend!!!plus other personal things.... so there you go.... believe it or not, as you will, i know a lot of people dont, including my husband although even he had to admit this was very surreal.... infact I have just asked him what he thought about Mr Singh and those phrophecies and he said..'well looking back on it, in retrospect it was really quite clever and amazing, ...... even though i dont normally believe in all that mumbo jumbo' he hates to admit it was right!! :rofl so thats it.......... have been back many times and with friends ...when i first saw him he just said give me anything i think i gave him a 100 rps but he has asked for money when i have taken friends but not huge amounts I cant remember what maybe 400/500 i cant remember, but i was very impressed when i saw him one day sat cross legged reading for the tibetans in calangute market ... they were calling him over as he finished with each other.....and on chatting to a couple of them was told that a lot of them have him regularly. interesting...
chilly ;)
Hello Chilly..I find your story fascinating i think you may have a bus load of us all wanting to visit MR SINGH..
:rofl thank you sleep I was reluctant to tell as know a lot of people will laugh!!! :D like my hubby usually does!!
CHILLY
Oh chilly thats sounds wonderfull, i am a believer, thankyou for sharing your exsperiance with us.i would love to see him if when you go back to goa you could find out how i can get in touch with him,if you have the time of course,i am staying in the south from xmas for a month but would happily travel to come and see him.You do write really well you should write articles for a living. best wishes gel :cheers
I agree GEL - I always look forward to reading Chillys posts

I'm a believer, but that's the reason I won't go to see these people I'm too scared of what I might find out!!
ahh many thanks Lozza07 and Green eyed lady... by the way are you green eyed?? :D I am too!!! ;)
I am going to make a note in my diary of when everyone is coming out this year so i will (hopefully) know who is at what meets... and I will try and find out about Mr singhs whereabouts for you, but this is just my experience I would hate to give any guarantees and you be disapointed :yikes especially travelling from south!! still it might be a good opportunity to meet up with the Nth crowd!!
chilly
Yes Chilly i was going to try and make a meet in the north anyway. :cheers yes is the answer to your quiestion i do have green eyes ;) i dont think there are many of us, i am one of 6 children and i am the only one with green eyes, when i was younger i always made a comment to my mum about my eyes which made her annoyed with me :rofl I would not hold you responsable for what he told me,and will be coming to the north anyway to go to leather touch. look forward to meeting you and OH.gel
Chilly that is absolutely fascinating, thank you for sharing :) . I shall certainly look out for him when I'm in Goa, I shall be scouting all the Tibetan areas! :rofl Not quite sure how my OH would react, think he is rather sceptical but I certainly believe there is something in it all.
:wave: HI,
Chilly i have to agree with the others like them i love reading your posts, and i am sure you could make a living out of this. But i to am a great believer in theses lucky people that can do readings, I am desperate to have mine done for lots of personal reasons but only want to go to one that is recomemended and this gentleman sounds perfect, if there is any chance you could arrange for me to see him i would be eternally grateful to you both i have booked for xmas and i am not sure that i want to go but if there was any chance of me meeting him then i would be there like a shot, i am also booked again for Easter we are staying at bagga both times.
many thanks.

Pip
x
And keep up your good work i look forward to reading more of your posts.
thanks pip and Miccie, will try and find out his whereabouts when i get back, ;)
he is a fairly old man and lives in a humble little room very basic.. bless... I have been searching all mday for the bits of paper, I know they are somewhere safe :D so safe i cant find them!!
chilly
Chilly that is absolutely fascinating
crazy jetti isnt it, shook me!!
chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.