General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
As long as your little one is happy to use the buggy then i would still take it , you can use it for transporting all your bits and pieces back and for to the beach
Oh yes, she loves it!! Little Madam, thinks she's a little princess been pushed around. It does come in very handy for all the baggage etc!
fair play to you that your 6 yr old will happily go in a buggy, blimey, our daughter would'nt entertain a buggy from the age of 3 ! Just meant us adding an extra half an hour to our walk wherever we went ! good luck and have a great holiday !
Jeez, there's no way I would have keep taking a buggy with me after mine were about two or so. Once they were walking, they walked - no way would I have pandered to them in that way. In fact, once both were walking, they didn't want to go in their buggy anyway.
Once my kids were up and walking that was it, think I last took it away when dd2 was 2.5. And we never gave them piggybacks either. If they hadn't have grown out of the buggy by then, I would have thrown it away before they reacher school age...because in my opinion once they reach school age they are definitely too old to go in a buggy.

But if you are happy to push a 6 year old about, fair play to you.
The only time the buggy has come out in recent years is holiday time. It's fab at airport for baggage etc. but once we on hols it stays in the room except for certain nights when we decide to walk down to the marina and around the bay and back - looking approx 5 miles.

After a day in the swimming pool her little legs are shot!! (so are ours)!! :rofl

She walks most of the way but when she's tired it's there if needed. Makes our life a lot easier :tup

Plus it doubles up as a great zimmer frame when climbing back up the hill to the hotel!! :yikes
I don't think there is any harm in taking a buggy - no matter how old your little one is...... It's your holiday and if it makes things easier for you (and her) then do it - please yourself and have a great time !
Thanks for that Denny, was beginning to think I was a bit odd letting her still use pushchair and giving her piggy backs!! :que

Roll on Majorca!! Can't wait now - we love our hols and are getting excited now - hopefully only 12 more sleeps!! As long as air traffic control in Spain behave themselves that is! :sun2 :cheers
Hiya,
I will be taking mine for my four year old, she is ermm `challenging` behaviour at times e.g in e queue at the gate to departure she would quite happily either run off or been general monkey.

Also makes a handy drag everything to the pool carrier, and we tend to go for tea around seven or 8pm local time then wonder into the local town so used then for tired legs.
Unsure when i would stop using it though.
I think its down to personal choice. The last year we took our daughter's buggy was when she was 4 years old and we rarely used it then. It was great for carrying bags and things at the airport though. I dont think she would have been too impressed if we had taken a buggy for her this year (she is now 6) or for that matter, last year! I think as long as your child (and indeed yourself) is happy to take it, then I would go for it.
There is no way I would take a buggy for my 6 year old, she would look ridiculous in it for a start and I think it is completely uneccessary as she hasn't been in it since she was 3. We didn't even take it for our 3 year old this year, although we may have done if we hadn't been going on a ferry from Greece to Turkey. She managed fine without it anyway and daddy carried her if she got a bit tired. The only thing I missed it for was lugging stuf to the beach and back ;)
if you are going to take this buggy, just double check the T&Cs of the airline to ensure that you are taking the correct amount of luggage. i am sure some airlines count the buggy as the childs allowance.
Don't think you are correct there. I understood all buggy's are carried free of charge?
I'd say go with what's best for you and don't worry about what anyone else is thinking. When my son was 6 he broke his finger badly a few days before we travelled and had a massive metal splint on his hand. After running along waving his arms like a windmill I went straight to the nearest baby shop and purchased a buggy and there he sat on our evening walks for the rest of the holiday.

There may have been a few odd looks but I didn't give anyone any eye contact....so long as you're happy and so is your little one then go for it. Buggys are fab as you can shove all your stuff in to take to the beach etc without having to carry it all. I really missed it this year! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.