Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Jim,
pm sent. Would also point out that you have cover under section 75 of the consumer credit act if the rental company take an unauthorised payment from a credit card
Yes, I understand the credit card protection. My friends were Russian, and had paid cash.

They had selected the company on line, and chose them because one partner spoke fluent Russian, so they expected that any difficulties could easily be resolved.

Sadly, the Russian speaking partner in this two man band has not been available to speak with them.

So, select your Porto Rafti car hire firms with care.

JimB
Certainly not typical of our experience of renting cars in Greece. Its usually accepted that damage to tyres or the underside of the car is the responsibility of the renter. But mechanical failure of this nature is no ones fault.
On one occasion when our car suffered a puncture which destroyed a tyre the rental company gave us 35e back because they now had a new tyre replacing the previous well worn one. We always use small local companies. I always check oil & water levels when we pick up our cars and get told 'nobody ever does that'
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.