UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
I can testify that the storm has now arrived on the east coast of Scotland! Took me nearly 2 hours to get home this lunchtime instead of the usual 15 minute train journey and I've just watched the wooden arbour swing seat in my garden keel over in the gale force winds - breaking branches on the tree behind it as it went! the rest of the garden furniture had already blown over into the borders!

SM
Another one is due Tuesday and than another Thursday....
We have trees down here and there are still lorries on their side's on the A1, not looking forward to tomorrow :(
I am not looking forward to the evening :(
Scary day yesterday and the gales are here again
Yes, yesterday's storm was very destructive. Hopefully tonight's might be mild by comparison. There is a slideshow of some of the local damage on this page:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16392381

No picture evidence so far, but apparently a parked Jet2 aircraft at Edinburgh Airport was struck by a flying bus shelter !

David :wave
just looked at the pictures on that link. It's amazing what damage the wind can do. I think it's lucky that more people haven't been killed.
Gosh didn't realize that the weather had been so bad :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.