Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi all anybody have any info on the antlantica aeneas resort in nissi beach we are thinking about booking it for our silver wedding anniversary next june,it looks lovely in the broucher. any other surgestions where to go for a special occasion?
thanks Krista :D
it look lovely in that hotel very expensive to stay there but look great
Click Here for our reviews of this hotel.
thanks Glynis had a quick look not sure what to do, I'll look at some other hotels before I decide, we are going to the atlantica golden beach this year, may go back there if we like it.
cheers Krista x :)
Hi, we stayed there for my hubs 40th birthday 3 years ago
Hi anice -did you and your hubby enjoy it can you tell me more about it?
thanks Krista x :)
Hi Krista. The rooms were clean and tidy but nothing to rave about. We've stayed 5* before which were much nicer. We had breakfast by room service which was great. We didn't mention hub's birthday but they left a bottle of bubbly and birthday cake in our room with a card on the day, which was a nice touch :D . Two best things about the hotel were - the pool, huge, nicely laid out, although a bit leafy when we went in September, lovely "swim up" cocktail bar where the sun hits in the early evening. The other best thing for us was the location - just across the road from lovely Nissi beach with bars and good watersports (paragliding, banana boat, paragliding and this other thing I haven't seen before - like flying behind speedboat on a giant lilo(!)) all of which we tried. Nice beach bar with a bit of a foam thing going on. Walked a bit of the way towards Ayia Napa and found some good bars and restaurants on the way. Taxis right outside the hotel to take you into Ayia Napa for all the nightlife and restaurants you could want. Didnt eat in the hotel so dont know about food, drinks were expensive. Best food we had was in a little taverna near the hotel. Hotel has a good gym, if you like that sort of thing.

As to other suggestions for a special occasion - is it just the two of you going and are you just looking at Cyprus?

Anice
Thanks anice, we have looked at some other hotels as the reviews on aeneas resort are not that good although it looks lovely :? , looked at Atlantica Imperial Resort in Kolymbia Rhodes good reviews on that.
Krista :)
Aeneas has got a fantastic pool. We stayed there in May 2006 and had a room with direct access to the pool. That meant that we opened the patio doors and could walk straight out into the pool. The breakfast was fantastic as well with a great choice of Pastries, fruit, yoghurts, Full English, cereals, you name it it was there.

But, There is no way that this hotel is 5 star. The rooms are fairly shabby and in need of a refit. There were frequent powercuts and hot water was very scarce. The hotel reception staff were often rude and unaccomodating and not particularly pleasant to deal with , with the exception of one or two. For example when we arrived we were allocated our room but were not happy with it as we had young children and specifically asked for our room to be near the very shallow end of the pool. I was basically told 'tough' get on with it and come back tommorow and see the hotel manager.

When you think of a 5 star hotel you would imagine the Ritz in London, or the ficticious Hotel Babylon. The Aeneas is nothing like this and for me at best was a 4 star in appearance and a 3 in service.

The previous year we stayed at the 4 star Adams beach, which was brilliant. If we were to go back to Napa I think it would be back to the Adams beach.
Hello Stolly - I looked at taking the kids to Nissi area this year and wanted to stay at Adams Beach - looks lovely - but priced up very expensive for just B&B. We really liked this area though and would like to go again. Aeneas was fine for a long weekend without the kids but would agree its not 5 star.
if you would like to see pictures of the hotel you are staying in try http://www.holidaycheck.com they have pictures of most places
Has anyone stayed at this hotel in the last few months? I am due to go on the 8th July for 2 weeks and was wondering what it was like now that it has been refurbished and whether the building work has been completed. The reviews are from last year so I cant find much on what people thought about the place.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I am looking to book this hotel for 2 weeks in June, has anyone been recently who can advise me on the type of room I should book. There are apparently superior rooms and executive rooms and standard rooms. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks Miss_Chief

Merged with existing topic which may have some useful information.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.