Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi

You will be fine at the Oasis. It's about 10 minutes walk from the main strip of bars and clubs at Potamos Germasoyia. The pool area is very good and so is the food at the hotel. It is a family hotel so there will be kids there if you're going in the height of the summer but the location is superb - we've stayed there many times (when it was the Atlantica Hotel) before we came to live permanently in Limassol in 2004.

We've stayed at the hotel since coming to live here too ;)

As for a beach, there is one just across the road in front of Macdonald's - the beaches in Limassol are dark sand but at that point it's soft sand and you can swim quite easily from the small beach. But there are plenty more to choose from along the 12km seafront that is Limassol tourist area...

The Nag's Head pub just across from the entrance to the hotel serves a very good Sunday lunch for around 10 EUR per person.
Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Limassol is a great resort, I've been there many times, last there in summer 2011. Nice town to wander around which is a bus ride from the Oasis - though Cyprus buses are very clean, cheap, and regular. An all day ticket was only 2 euro I think last year.
The food in the Oasis is very good and staff, though mostly east European, are very friendly and helpful. As Shell points out, it's a family hotel, so I did find there were quite a large number of children there.
If you go out for the day, and are on FB or AI basis, then the Oasis packed lunches are the best I've ever seen anywhere. Provided in a cooler box, and including a couple of cans of beer!
One excellent cheap day out is to catch the local bus up to Troodos. Wonderful walking and sights, and a full day out for just 3 euros!

Only thing to watch out for in Limassol, if a bloke wandering alone, is to beware being taken to a "club" by a helpful taxi driver.
Certain of these places have a very bad reputation, you might end up with a bill for hundreds of euros just for a couple of drinks, and then be accompanied by large bouncers to a cash machine to help you to pay. Also, if alone on the streets at night, it's common for a taxi driver to offer to stop to arrange a "date" for you, with his "cousin". Again - NOT a good idea.
hello mr jordan
we stayed at this hotel back in oct last year and i must say this hotel was fantastic.they have a indoor pool as well as oudoor and a good gym.
we were all inclusive food was good also good drinks,most nights they had some entertainment ranging from bingo-kareoke-quiz nights.
the hotel is situated 2 mins from the main road to limassol town and the beach such as it is alongside the road.
plenty of shops,bars and food stops along this road.as stated you can jump on bus all day for peanuts good for seing different towns. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.