Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Atlantica Princess is a great place to stay but i think the Aldemar also gets some good reviews so it depends on which location you prefer.
There are more bars, restaurants, stores, etc in the Ixia location. Both resorts are in easy reach of Rhodes Town though Kallithea is also close to Faliraki.
Cheers marcuschap72.

We've never been to Rhodes before so don't really know the area very well. We tend to book our holiday based on what we think of the hotel from it's facilities and reviews we read.

Have you been to either of them or know anybody who has?

Thanks.
Sarah.
My parents have stayed at The Atlantica Princess, i chose it for them as i was living in Ixia at the time and they were very happy with it.
They really enjoyed taking a walk into Rhodes Town in the evening but they like walking - i don't think your 8 yr old would be that keen! It's only a short bus or taxi ride away anyway.
Thanks again marcuschap72.

At moment i prefer the Atlantica mainly because we have been to other hotels with First Chice kids club and they have been very well run. The Aldemar Paradise only has a hotel run kids club and i have read a few reviews with negative comments about it.

However, the Aldemar does seem to have better pool areas as it has 7 pools and the Atlantica only has the 1 which i have read by the afternoon is partly in the shade. Did you parents find the pool area adequate and large enough?

Decisions, decisions.
They didn't have any issue with the pool but i don't think they ever had a full day sunbathing as my father always gets itchy feet and wants to be out exploring something or other!
The beach is just the other side of the main building if the pool is shady though it can be breezy so doesn't suit everybody (can be a godsend high summer).
Atlantica pool gets very busy and noisy all day - kids (I know its their holiday too, but there is a limit to how many time you wan't to get banged round the head with an inflatible alligator), road traffic and loud music.

I thought it was the worst bit of the hotel especially if you are looking for a relaxing holiday.

First choice kids clubs look well run with good facilities.
Click Here For our reviews of the Atlantica Princess

Click Here For our reviews of the Aldemar Paradise.

If anyone has stayed at either of these 2 hotels and not posted a review, please do so via the appropriate link above.

Many Thanks :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.