Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I believe the Imperial is Kolymbia? Not a bad area but if you like to get out of the hotel and explore the Princess is in Ixia which is very handy for Rhodes Town and has a much more frequent bus service just a few minutes walk away on the main coast road.

If you're beach people Kolymbia does offer a better beach as The Princess is on the breezier west coast and beaches are a lot more pebbly. It also depends on time of year, the breezier west coast does have cooler nights early/late season, peak season the breeze is a godsend ;)
My daughter is thinking of booking the Atlantic Princess. Majority of reviews seem really good.

She will be travelling with her partner and my three year old granddaughter. She likes a lot going on like mini disco etc., Anyone able to give comments as to their opinion please ?

Many thanks

Kath HT Admin
Thanks marcus, we were looking at the beginning of May, but still need to find out a bit more abot what the weather might be like.
The more I look at them I am drawn to the Imperial, Thomson gold and all that.
But would still be glad to hear from anyone who has been to either hotel.
Weather in May is lovely, i normally visit Lindos during the 1st two weeks - great sunbathing weather during the day and usually comfortable temps to sit outside at night. The only downside so early on is the sea can be quite cool but on a hot day that's not such a bad thing really. You will get slightly better temps on the east coast (especially at night) so maybe leaning towards Imperial is the right way to go. :cheers
Didn't make it to Rhodes last year, went on a cruise instead but still really fancy Atlantica Imperial the only thing now is the price, we are looking at going on 6th May and for the 2 of us ( going all inclusive) works out about £2,200 for 2 weeks. Does this seem a lot or about right for this hotel?

We usually go to Turkey so very different pricing here.
having a look round seems about right.. the atlantica agean blue is comming in for 2 adults 14 days around £1700 still 5t
Thanks for the reply, it does seem a lot of money, we could go to Mexico (not that we want to go tha far) do you think it is overpriced for what it is or is it worth it?
for a 5T with all the facilities it seems about right.. you cannot compare Greece or any other euro-zone country with the likes of Turkey/north Africa on price other things have to be taken into consideration, we always go to Greece at least twice a year and occasionally Spain, Cyprus or Portugal, for similar quality hotels the prices are of a muchness [except Cyprus which we have always found that bit more expensive], we tend not to go all in as we like to find little tavern's tucked away from the main resorts, we like to eat good quality local food at more reasonable prices.

yasus
wizard
Will someone who goes all inclusive explain its attraction. I fail to see why you would want to be A / I staying at the hotel to make sure you dont miss a so, so, meal. How can you appreciate all the TRUE Greek food to be found in Rhodes
DO NOT turn this thread into yet another argument on the merits of AI or post will be deleted without further notice

yasus
wizard
I didn't mean for that to happen wizard, sorry.

All I really wanted to know is if the price seemed good value for money, don't want to spend what seems quite a lot, then be dissapointed.
marjrie im not getting at you

yasus
wizard
Dear Wizard. Mine was a serious question about A / I & its merits or otherwise. Did NOT want to use this thread to start an arguement. Sorry , should I start a new thread to get some answers to my question .
we are shall we say in the more senior category,
we have been half board in the main, but have also tried the AI and SC options.. if you don't mind local brands of drink and are partial to a few on holiday or your taking children who want to snack all day then AI is a good option, if you have fussy eaters and are not big on drink [or only drink imported brands] then SC can work out to be cheaper, [but someone will miss out by having to do the cooking].
if eating out the same will apply to any resort.. to save money you must eat local produce/menu in taverns and restaurant away from the main tourist areas. [I always ask the staff if they live locally and if so where do they and their friends go to eat out as you will often find such places cheaper and better quality]

yasus
wizard
Don't think we will be going to the Imperial after all, just priced it up again and I hadn't added on the all inclusive cost so now it is about £2,600 for 2 weeks in May.

It seems an awful lot of money to me. Feel a bit dissapointed as thought we had our decision made.

We like all inclusive as husband not very mobile so can't get out and about much, so good reviews on All Inclusive are important to us as we like to spend most of our time at the hotel and this one has great reviews :(
If I were you I would go through the Portland Travel website and you will find the same holiday will be significantly less. We went through Portland last year and met a couple who booked the same holday as us and paid several hundred pounds more. Good luck!
That is the price with Portland, really wanted to go here but just think it is a lot of money for 2 weeks in Rhodes. Very dissapointed as didn't think it would be cheap but had thought about £1,000 each should get us a good all inclusive holiday.
Hi Marjrie. A bit of a compromise I know but how about half board. Just looked at holidaywarehouse web site. Example flying from Gatwick on 9th May for 2 weeks staying in Trianda At Atlantica Princess is £670 p.p
Have to agree about prices at the Atlantica Imperial this year. We have to go during the school holidays as my wife works in a school and the cost this year for AI is up nearly 33% on last year :( After last year we were really looking forward to going back. :sun2

Still have found somewhere else in Turkey AI which has rave reviews for about the same as we paid last year. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.