Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Atms in Sidari
9 Posts
They are very realiable, the one by Memories restaurant sometimes does not work, but just across the road and a little further up, kinda like where some stairs and shops up above there is an atms, its brillient, no problem at all, we have used it for the last 3 years, although you are aware you get charged every time you take out money, the rate at the minute in Sidari is 1.16, my friend lives there and it will go higher, its always 5 plus on what you get back home here, last year it was 1.19 at home and we got 1.26 in sidari last year, so its worth seeing what rate you get there as well, hope this helps
Hi there thanks for the reply. I think i know the one at the stairs your talking about there is the tattoo shop at the top. Glad to know they are OK to use. As for being charged for using them i think the account we took out with the Nationwide don't charge for using it abroad. Cheers Andy
Hi Teena just had another look at your post. Just realized what you are saying about getting charged for using the atm there. Do you mean the bank who's cash machine it is charge you for drawing money out of it. Like some cash machines here charge you say a pound for drawing money and others don't. Cheers Andy
Hi I am not sure, I know I got charged last year and my dad did and my mate the year before, so not sure, I just presumed everybody gets charged, but I could be wrong, not sure, I would check with your Bank and see what they say, sorry I couldnt help a bit more
OK thanks anyway. I know the account i have they don't charge you for using it in Europe. but just hope the owner of the atm don't charge you for using there machine. Cheers Andy
I just checked it out and it says you get charged a cash conversion charge to convert your money into your countries currency around 1% to 2.75% then I found this link below:-

ATM Charges
** edit to remove copyright material {please post link] ... wizard

Hope this helps
if you open a nationwide account you dont get charged for using the card abroad plus you get a good exchange rate when they convert the euros
if you open a joint account you will have two cards incase something happens to one so your not left high and dry whilst there :whoops
Hi karlclarke. It is the Nationwide account we opened up a few months ago. My dad had told about it some time ago cos you can use it abroad. You are right about the exchange rate at the moment the best i can get any where is 1.14 But the rate with this card is 1.18. Hope it keeps going up. Cheers Andy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.