Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
I would have thought you may get the best weather in Samui that time of year...you could consider the East coast of Malaysia. Also depends what kind of resort you require. Samui is livelier than most of the Malaysian destinations.

Having similar issues ourselves this year...Malaysia or Thailand for early 2007
well Debs
I have been to BKK and KS in August so I can verify weather is good in KS then( for BKK it is great for siteseeing but you can get showers( heavy ones!)
KL- we are going there this summer but are teaming it up with Bali for the sun part. We almost went to Penang in July a couple of years back but changed our mind because of the high rainfall stats.
East coast of Malaysia would be my choice in August.
Any particular place on the east coast of Malaysia??

Am going to research this.
Thanks
You could have a look at Kuantan or Cherating on Malaysia's East coast or Terengganu.
Have made our decision.
We are flying to Koh Samui.
Staying in KS for 7 nights.
Then getting train back to Bangkok, with a 3 night stay in Hua Hin on the way.
We will spend 4 nights in Bangkok before flying home via a 2 night stay in Dubai.
sounds good to me- have you the hotels sorted out?
Not yet.
Will probably book the Somerset Suwan Park in Bangkok again as it was such a great location and we had so much space.

Looking at resorts in Koh Samui.
Chaweng Beach seems the biggest. Anyone got any views on Chaweng or Lamai??
Looking for a resort that is not too lively but has enough to do.

Hoping to stay at the Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Resort in Dubai.
Penang is great but thats the rainy season so would need east coast of Malaysia
You could have a look at Cheong Mon beach (hotels like Imperial Boat House and Sala Samui). Nice quieter beach, with enough local restaurants and a short drive from Chaweng if you want it really lively on the odd evening.
Easy enough to get anywhere from choeng mon beach - we just used taxi's or the boathouse have their own minibus - super holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.