Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Just turn up! There is always someone who knows somewhere, be it taxi drivers, word of mouth etc! Hope to meet up with you! :sun2
Cannot believe Ave Marie is 25 quid a night, who did you book with, last time I stayed there last year it was 10 to 12 quid a night.
Thats a crazy price, you wont have any problem finding somewhere for 600 - 800rps per night just ask in any of the shacks or bars. If you dont mind staying Sinquerim end of Candolim quite happy to let you have contact for the apartment we stay in which is very nice and 800rps per night
thank you for replies, and p.m, we will no doubt meet g,g, sfelts, I was surfing and came acrossbooking at goa 2u and they quoted me £250 per night, I thought bless me thats a tad expensive, we unfortunately stayed at the Don hill a few years ago and while looking around for something better we looked at the ave marie, I thought it would do but Lynn didn't like it at all, she thought it was 1 step away from a doss house, but Lynn didn't like the north at all, and that ship wreck shows that Indians have no pride, we ended up going down south for the remainder of our holidays. Roxey I would be gratefull for any phone numbers or any email adresses.
all the best Danny
We stay at God's Gift which is one of the many behind the football pitch in Candolim - easiest way to find it is walk down the lane next to Cafe Coffee Day. Not sure what Johnny and Marias rates are these days but 2/3 years ago we paid about 500rupees a night. There sooooo many there I would say just turn up and ask around and don't take the first thing you see - we got friends a room in one of the places nearby for 400 a night in Jan 2009. Women who runs it is called Candy but actual place didn't have name displayed outside.
If you want contact details for God's Gift then PM me and I will look them out.

Cheers
Sian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.