Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Christine welcome back. Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday. I forgot to mention in my report that La Carihuela was a lot quieter this Easter than it has been in previous years. Not many at all in the bars and restaurants in the evenings and quieter in the streets and shops during the day too.

For the Mijas day out, I can recommend getting the train to Fuengirola and then the bus onwards from there. There was plenty of room on that bus when we went. A tip for a future visit maybe.

Speak soon, Shirley :)
Glad to hear you had a good time Christine :cheers
Thanks Shirley, this was our 4 time at easter(also done a short break in Feb) and we did notice how much quieter it was at night. Might have to try Mijas via Fuengirola next time. Think next time we go we will opt for some of the more cultural trips as well. Glad you had a great time, I read your great report. We did nip in the Cabello for a drink one day and thought it might be nice for a short stay at a latter date, so may need to pick your brains on it.

Thanks Glynis
I adored Mijas I could quite happily stay there. Just wasn't keen on the donkeys being tethered up.
Glynis, we didn't see the donkeys although I kept my eye open for them as I'd heard about them. We did see loads of horse drawn carriages taking people for a ride around. There was one area we didn't go- at the top of the steps (where the map or the area is) we turned left so maybe the donkeys were to the right ? Or I wonder if they've been taken away.
Hi Christine
Glad you had a nice time....Is Victor still the entertainment manager at the Bali ?
I've always found 'market day' is a bad time to travel on the bus, whether it be Benalmadena or Benidorm to Altea.

Sanji x
They were on Sanji's video of Mijas Shirley.
Christine it sounds great I am looking forward to going myself 1st June, never been before. It sounds as though you enjoyed it.
I think I remember seeing the donkeys in Sanji's video Glynis but I'm just wondering whether the donkeys are still there. I can't remember when Sanji made that video. I just went for another look but couldn't find it and then I remembered that Sanji's got rid of a load of videos from here as we didn't know what was happening.

sanji, what are you going to do with your videos now? Are you going to put them all back? That's going to take a lot of time.
Not sure what is or isn't on Media Galleries, but lots of the videos were uploaded to the forums before Media Galleries opened, and are still here for now at least:

Costa Del Sol Video Library

David :wave
Flipping eck David, I'd forgotten about that version of Mijas, filmed in 2006.
what are you going to do with your videos now?

ATM: Pulling my hair out over them and not being able to upload to YT, because I've got something wrong with my puter.
Thing is...I think I've caused all this by deleting something I shouldn't have last week....and all this work has been unncessary, I've had to change the music on nearly every video because of YT's 'copyright' policy and they could have stayed where they were on TV. :banghead:
I'm just wondering whether the donkeys are still there.

The history of Mijas and the donkeys goes back a very long way, the donkeys are still there and there are no plans to remove them, not in my lifetime anyway.
I'll put the new version of Mijas with the changed music back onto TV, filmed last June/july.

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2012-04-21 09:13:06
Here you go....
I've brought this over from YT and I can't do anything about those black bands top and bottom, I think that is something which needs attention regarding the flv settings in TV.
However, if you click to watch it on YT at the bottom of the viewing frame, it will be in full screen.

http://www.holidaytruths.tv/media/3037/Mijas/

Sanji x
Sanji, I am not sure if Victor is still there, we only had one drink in the hotel. The reason for this is that we only use the hotel as a base.

I know about the buses being jam packed as we have used them on lots of occasions all over Spain but this was a joke, I am sure if the driver could have sat more on folks knees he would have.
Thanks for the video again Sanji - brings back happy memories :tup
shirley h wrote:

For the Mijas day out, I can recommend getting the train to Fuengirola and then the bus onwards from there. There was plenty of room on that bus when we went. A tip for a future visit maybe.

Hi

How long does the bus take to Mijas from Fuengirola? We always go to Torremolinos and just thinking of something different for this years trip.

Chelle x
I can't remember the length of time the bus took Chelle but it wasn't too long & I enjoyed going through the villages and seeing some of the countryside :tup
Hi Chelle
It takes about 20mins from Fuengi to Mijas, it just depends how heavy the traffic is getting out of Fuengi.

Timetable on page 2 of the link below
http://www.avanzabus.com/web/archivos/base/File/Horarios/Portillo/Horario-de-autobuses-de-Fuengirola.pdf

Sanji x
Thanks Glynis and Sanji for your speedy responses and the bus timetable. I like to have things planned for overcast days so will put Mijas on the list.

Chelle x
Yes, we were on the bus for no more than 20 mins. It was a nice comfy, clean bus too :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.