Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Taffy - sorry cant give much advice, but I was talking to a guy in the elephant shop in Candolim last year who told me that he had been on the NHS waiting list for a back op for years, had had the same op in Goa and flelt fantastic - decided he was never going back to the UK! but sorry couldnt give you the name of anyone.
Goanne
i also suffer with back problems.
i saw a mahendra kuckader at vrundavan hospital and research centre,karaswada,mapusa-goa-403 527
ph:hosp:2250022,2250033
fax:91-832-2250309
email:vhrc@sancharnet.in
vrundavanhospital@yahoo.co.im
the manager at the hotel i stayed at arranged my appointment
i didnt have a operation but i would recommend him
i found him very good
Thanks for your advice. My friend had the operation in the Apollo Victor hospital and cannot speak highly enough about his care or the sucess of the operation.

Another postive is the travel insurance company paid for the operation when their initial option was to fly him home or have the operation in Delhi. The have acknowledged the care and expertise of the hospital which I hope will reassure anyone who is taken ill whilst in Goa.
Taffy I posted information regarding this hospital onto the other forum we both use and told you it had a wonderful reputation. I'm glad your friend has had a successful operation they really know how to care for patients (maybe I should say unlike our poor NHS)and they have the time to care for patients without worrying about 'figures' for the Govt
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.