Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Thanks for the alert. I hope your wife is OK.

Sarah
hi we fly to albufeira 17th may and are now concerned about bag snatchers are these people local ,old ar young with these so called flyers my daughter and myself are now packing bags that go over our heads so sorry to hear about your wifes bag hope shes ok :cry
Super, just be wary when walking, some guys will come up to you with flyers but a lot of them will be touting for you to go in a certain bar. Some will be asking you if you want to buy gold or cigarettes (Mainly Portuguese or foreigners), ignore them, dont buy, the fags are full of camel sh**. I must say I have never had this experience of bag snatching of all the years going to Albufeira. Just take care. Cheers jayjan
Hello, I would to join in on this, you can get your bag snatched in all holiday resorts not just Albufeira only last weekend we were talking to a couple at Madrid airport who had there money stolen out of there bag on the Metro. It seems a big fat man bumps in to them and at the same time gets his hand in your bag and of he goes with your money.
One way to stop these thieves is to have a bag that goes over your head and shoulder then put your other arm over the zip part of the bag with the zip pull to the front, this way it stops them getting there hands on your money and other things that are in the bag.
As with all things on holiday keep a look out as you would at home, and only take out what money you need for the Day/Night and leave anything of value in the hotel safe.

Dave
hi superbitch just to let you know he was young and i dont think he was local but dont worry just keep your bag between you and your partner my wife made mistake of having it on the outside all the locals were disgusted by what happened it wont stop us going back again you will enjoy it is a lovely place
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.