Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Onur air did change baggage limits early this yearfrom 20kg to 15kg and its £20 pp per way to increase to 20kg. I would check in Sunshines T and C's but as this is the airline changing it then I am pretty sure they will have this covered. Also Im pretty sure Sunshine will be your agent however your flight will be through Holidays4u.
Still a little confused. If a holiday is booked with a travel agent and changes are made, should the travel agent be the responsible party and honour the agreement against the price paid?
If this is not so then you could have escalating charges up to going on holiday.
Sounds like the TA originally based the luggage allowance as it stood with Onur at the time. Onur then decreased your allowance. I doubt if Sunshine would be responsible for this extra charge as Onur are 'in charge' so to speak, so it's therefore out of Sunshine's hands.

You could try emailing Onur info@onurair.com.tr
Many thanks - I will contact Onur and let you know
Unless the travel agent 'packaged' the holiday for you your contract is with the airline and accommodation supplier, not the agent. If the airline has decreased their luggage allowance the agent can't be held responsible. The airline could decide to honour the baggage allowance on flights booked prior to the amendment but that is up to them I think.
I have contacted Onur who have replied...

"First of all thank you for your kind concern to our flights.

We do charter operation and we sell the whole aircraft to tour operator. Please get in touch with our tour operators to have information .Here are the telephone numbers of the tour operators ;

Holiday 4u ;00 44 1273716300
Goldtrail ;00 44 2082872999
Turkey :0212 465 29 57

Hope to see you on our flights . Thank you"

I have asked them again to honour the original baggage allowance... we will see!

It is a real shame that when you book a holiday and pay, no-one seems to want to accept responsibility for situations occurring...
Sunshine aren't a tour operator or a travel agent they are merely like an advanced search engine so to speak.

Check your documents about who your flight is booked via but I really don't expect them to change things for you as this is the airlines doing.
As your tickets were actually supplied by Teleticket (whom I've used in the past and found to be efficient and helpful) and that is whom your contract will be, then I suggest that you take this up with them - they might be prepared to negotiate with Onur Air on your behalf or even absorb tis cahrge as a goodwill gesture.

SM
Here's teleticket contact details:-

Assistance & Admin, before and after you fly::

If you require any assistance with your reservation please contact your travel agent or alternatively:

T - 01273 878 300

E - customerservices@teletickettravel.com

Nice to see that Onur sent you a speedy reply even if it wasn't exactly what you were after.

Also from their website which may be of help to you:-

Ticketing Info

Teleticket does not issue "paper tickets" by post and will not be able to offer the service of collecting tickets at the airport..

Teleticket will be sending you an ‘email ticket' approximately 4 weeks prior to departure. If you are travelling & booking within the next 4 weeks your email ticket will be sent shortly after your booking confirmation being received.

All ‘email tickets' will be sent to the email address as provided at the time of booking (if public booking) & if an agent this will be sent to your email address provided at the time of your account being opened.

PLEASE ENSURE WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR TICKETS THAT THEY ARE PRINTED AND TAKEN TO THE AIRPORT ON YOUR DAY OF DEPARTURE. FAILURE TO PRODUCE A VALID TICKET AT CHECK IN, MAY RESULT IN BEING DENIED TRAVEL.
Many thanks for the information, I have emailed Teleticket and will let you know thier response.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.