Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi llindabrad and welcome to HT!

If you give us a little more information, perhaps one of our member will be able to help. Did you buy the scratchcard or was it given to you free? What is the name of the company/promoter? If you Google that name it may bring up some results.

luci :wave
Hello,

Yes, I have "won" too in last years competitions, one for the Bahamas and one for the Med. I am very sceptical, but I thought it was worth £6.50 phone call to take the risk.

It is worth noting that everyone wins and there are stringent conditions to fulfil. You are going alone, you will get a letter offering you your cruise which you have to reply to within only 4 days, this can come at any time over 18 months from the date the "competition" closes. You will get as little as two weeks notice and could be flying from any airport in the UK. Hotel for the first night, taxes and transfers are extra. If you fail any of these conditions for any reason you will not get your cruise and you will not be offered another one. It seems they don't actually want you to travel and are trying their best to catch you out.

Last summer i had the letter saying i was going to be flying from Heathrow on XX date, it gave the flight times and the time for boarding the ship in Ft Lauderdale, Florida. I immediately went on the web and worked out the flights were with Virgin and the cruise was with Princess - which is far better than I had hoped for. They wanted a cheque and a credit card number, so i almost didn't reply. However i decided again to risk it, and replied by return of post. A week later I received a letter along with my returned cheque saying it had been "over subscribed". This was a big let down after they had told me i was going. I haven't heard from them since.

I haven't heard of anybody who has had a cruise from this company so far. As I say, I am very sceptical, but i entered in to it with my eyes open aware of all the drawbacks and risks. I got my Daily Express cruise where many haven't so if i have to fight for these cruises, I will.

They now have about 6 months to fulfil the first of the cruise offers. Once i return from a trip in May I will gently remind them. I of course will keep you updated on what happens.
It might be better to pay for this "free" cruise with a credit card as if it turns out to be fraudulent they can dispute the charges for you.
The old adage is usually true- if it sounds too good to be true........
Hi Emdia.
My thoughts exactly, however they say you can only pay by cheque. Perhaps it is another way of putting off "winners" from claiming their cruise. It is one more reason that I was suspicious, however my cheque was returned to me uncashed and nothing untoward has happened with my account.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.