Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
The key to this story is that if people didn't shoplift then they wouldnt have to pay thousands of baht in bribes. Of course having illegal gangs operating inside an International airport and taking advantage of apprehended shoplifters isnt a good thing for the country's image.

But in the two high profile cases so far, including the English couple, there is colour CCTV footage from the duty free store that clearly shows them shoplifting. So, their complaint is basically that they were caught and instead of getting a slap on the wrist it cost them far more than they expected.

Maybe if people knew they were going to be locked up somewhere for a couple of days and forced to pay 50,000 baht or more if they stole a wallet or bottle of perfume they wouldn't shoplift. As deterrents go, it's a good one.

There is a good reason to boycott the duty free shops at the airport and that is simply because they are expensive and you'll get far better bargains elsewhere.
I thought the shoplifters had been framed macfarang? Obviously not if they have then on cctv!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.