Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Have stayed at the Imperial Tara Mae Hong Sorn...a little out of town but walkable at a push (I know this because we had to walk back to the hotel as there were no taxis to be found one evening). Fairly standard three star hotel (we had a tree growing through our balcony). Rooms overlook a small valley filled with teak trees. Swimming pool cold as it does not get much sun. Wake up to mist every morning. A very beautiful and atmospheric part of Thailand.

They had a son et lumiere show by the temple at the lake in Mae Hong Sorn when we visited...worth seeing if they still do it. Mae Hong Sorn shuts down pretty early - or did when we visited - by early I mean 9pm. Your setup with trips so thats ok.

Have also stayed at the Empress in Chaing-Mai a fairly standard city hotel, an improvement on the Amari Rincome that we were moved from.

Stayed at Le Meridien Baan Boran (now the Anantara) in the Golden Triangle. Trips here included speed boat rides up the Mekong, visiting temple ruins in Chaing Saen and visits to border town of Mae Sai with a crossing into Burma.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.