Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Our last review was for October last year. To read all the reviews Click Here
We have stayed here twice in recent years and it was great both times, a superb location right on the beach, safe for the kids, a lovely cove. The hotel is surrounded by bars and resturants and town is a ten minute stroll on level ground. There are some kids playground on the way into town that may be ok for you daughter, The hotel also had an entertainments board with various things going on. I am sure it will be great, good luck,
28SAC
I can't speak for this hotel but in my experience Barcelo hotels are usually top notch especially the food.
Thanks for your replies - its good to know that there are shops / bars etc in walking distance and 'level ground' sounds good for the nominated 'pushchair pusher' !!!! :lol:
Hi all

As a consequence of a polite request from my wife I have a question. We are off to the Barcelo Ponent Playa in Cala Dor next week. Her polite request is this: Can anyone who has been to this hotel tell me if it is possible to hire a hairdryer for use in the room? There are three of us in the party & all of us have E Mailed the hotel but with no response. This is probably a long shot I know but I have to ask.

Thank you in anticipation,

Derek :tup
I dont know whether you can hire a hairdryer from the hotel reception - I have never been to this hotel nor do I know of anyone who has. However, I do know that there is a business which operates locally and it hires out a wide range of items - hairdryers, fans, cots, high chairs etc.
It is called Lowerhire and can be contacted at mallorca@spansurf.com. They will then deliver the item to your hotel - its very cheap for something like a hairdryer - probably a couple of euros a day.
According to another review web site, there are no hairdires in the room and no facilities to hire a hairdryer from the hotel itself.

:que
Try http://www.lower-hire.co.uk

Hairdyer for 2 weeks for €20

We're hoping to use them for fridge hire if our hotel will allow it (will find out at the start of May and I'm keeping my fingers crossed)!
At €20 for 2 weeks (£16) you'd be better off buying a dual voltage travel hairdryer from the likes of Asda or Argos and you'd have it for future holidays.

luci :wave
Hi all

Thanks for all your replies, I will pass them on to she who must be obeyed!

Derek :cheers
My Mum and Dad are off here in a week, can anyone who has been recently let me know if there are hairdryers in the rooms and whether you can rent beach towels? At the mo, they have only paid for 1 suitcase between them with Easy Jet, so want to cut down on what they are taking. Any other info on the hotel would be appreciated for them.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.