Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Barcelo Santiago
20 Posts
We're thinking about going to the Barcelo Santiago in Feb - it just looks like such a beautiful setting. Has anyone been since the refurb? Is it all finished now? Thanks
When I was in Tenerife October 6th - 20th there was still work being carried out at the Barcelo hotel. most of the main constuction work was fininshed and the work being done was inside the new building on the ground floor. The road outside is a bit narrfow and what with building materials it was a tight squeeze for the tour buses to negotiate round in order to get back to the main road. The refurbishment is an addition to the hotel in order that the guest who smoke can enjoy the entertainment that is laid on as it now has an outside area. I only seen it from the outside so cannot coment on the decor. There is also a new walk round trhe back of the hotel that leads to the small bay before Puerto de Santiago.
If I were to book a room for 3 adults at the Barcelo Santiago, does anyone know what the third bed would be? Proper bed, camp bed or sofa bed?
We returned from the Barcelo in September, we had a 3rd bed which was a sofabed,and I will be honest and say it really does encroach on the floor space as ..I was told they do have suites there, which are really spacious but I have no idea of the extra cost.
Thanks for that info. I was looking at Thomson and they don't seem to offer the suites. Leaving aside the lack of space, was the sofa bed reasonably comfortable and big enough for a 5ft 9ins lad? At least it should be better than the folding camp bed he was stuck on on our last holiday!
Sorry for the late reply......I would say the bed would not be suitable for 5ft 9ins person...and as far as comfy goes the mattress is very thin...I personally would not want to sleep on one......................for the suites you have to make a request to the hotel..they are not advertised...I hope this helps ..
Oh dear! But thanks for the help.
hi everyone has anyone stayed at the Barcelo Santiago hotel.
Whats the location like, is there lots to do and is the hotel nice never been to tenerife as normally go to cyprus or greek islands.
Any info would be highly received looking to go sept 09.
thanks
We have reviews from this year here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/tenerife/puerto-de-santiago/barcelo-santiago-hotel/

The main complaint from most reviewers seems to be the sunbed/parasol situation so if lounging by the pool is what you're after be prepared :tup
Hotel Barcelo Santiago in tenerife . We are going there tomorrow 3/4/09 can any one tell me if they provide beach/pool towels as I cant close my case :whoops and could do without taking one ???

Thanks Shanti :sun2
yes they do provide beach towels shanti......lovely big dark blue ones

hope you have a great time :)
Heads up as with other Barcelo hotels, this is now on offer (for Spring dates) if you register for Mi Barcelo. They claim to beat all hotel broker prices. I know the other Barcleo (the Varadero) is a ridicously cheap price at the moment.
may have something to do with the whole group being up for sale?
Thinking of staying at barcelo hotel santiago late august, going all inclusive would like to know what is not included in this thanks. Also how quiet is it we are a family with 20 year old and 17 year old but they just like chilling by the pool and a few drinks in the evening is it hard to get a sun bed and whats the entertainment like.
Can any one help we are going to this hotel next week and are wondering in there is a ironing room or do they lend out irons..
Also does any one know there email address.

Thanks Phil
When we stayed, we used the laundry service so everything came back ironed. Not sure if you can get a board and iron but most places we've ever stayed provide them.

Sorry, that's not a very useful response...
Have booked this hotel for the October half term, it has such good reviews as anyone been recently to confirm that things are still upto 4star? Also i cant seem to find any transfer companys can anyone recommend someone to me for the airport transfer. Thanks
Hi,
we are considering booking this hotel for early July next year.
We will be travelling with our 16 yr old son. Can anyone who has been here with teens tell us if there were enough activities/other teens to keep them occupied during the day and at night.
Thankyou.

Carolyn
Hi mandii

Also i cant seem to find any transfer companys can anyone recommend someone to me for the airport transfer.

It may be worth checking out or posting in our Tenerife Airports topic, which includes discussion about resort transfers ... please click here.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.