Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Welcome to the forums Rainbow75 we only have one review of this hotel and it's from 2006 :cry

If anyone has stayed here recently would you please add your review by Clicking Here

Many thanks
It seems to be nice accommodation. Ive only visited the resort its in for a visit, ive never stayed their becuase its too quiet for us.
its just on the edge of the resort as you drive in. It looks nice from what ive seen, plus barcelo is a good chain of hotels.
Thank you very much Glynis and Beccafcr, much appreciated

Is the resort totally dead?? I have been to Playa Blanca in Lanzarote and I liked that. Dont want it to be to busy but dont want it to quiet either - eeek!!

xxxx
I wouldnt say totally dead. Playa de la Arena is smaller than playa blanca, its got a long hilly street with bars and restaurants and a few shops.
however, you´ve got Puerto Santiago which is the next resort along with more choices, then Los Gigantes after that. So you have got quite a few choices, but it means walking a fair distance where its quite hilly, or taking a short taxi ride to get to these other choices.
if you like playa blanca, i wouls say you´ll be ok.
it has a lovely black sand beach also.
Yes the Barcelo Varderero is on the edge of the resort. While you are there, try and cut through the houses on the left between you and Playa Arena beach (once you've gone over the bridge), and you should find Punta Negra, down some scruffy concrete steps, this area has "pumice" type rocks, which are easier to walk on than they look, and lots of rockpools and interesting rock formations. It's worth a visit. There are also a few small rocky coves behind some of the houses.

but of course Playa Arena is the main beach area. There is also a big supermarket before you get to Playa Arena too.
Thanks for the info Beccafcr and Acorncup.

I am now really looking forward to going on holiday :sun2 !!

xxxx
Have booked this hotel for the family may, 2 adults & 2 chilldren (14&11). We have read some reviews and have noticed the transfer can take up to 3hrs sometimes, although brochure states 1hr 20 mins. We are now thinking of booking a taxi, has anyone done this before for this hotel? Does anyone have a rough price? Also has anyone been here recently as last review is back in 2006.
:que
Many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.